Anyone in Georgia?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just received my Leaf SL-e today! Bought it from AZ. Love the car!!

http://s531.photobucket.com/albums/dd357/hlgeorge02/Nissan%20Leaf/?action=view&current=Leafarrives1.mp4

http://s531.photobucket.com/albums/dd357/hlgeorge02/Nissan%20Leaf/?action=view&current=Leafarrives2.mp4

http://s531.photobucket.com/albums/dd357/hlgeorge02/Nissan%20Leaf/?action=view&current=Leafarrives3.mp4

It does appear for using Sawnee in NW GA that the seperate meter is a waste of money. Adding to existing service amounts to about 21 t0 25 a month to charge as compared to the seperate meter charge basic service of 21 dollars pluse usage. So, I had electician check and panel is 200 amp rated and to add the 40 amp is not an issue. Falt rate fee to have install by Plugins sub Pat Murphy is 750 for eval and install. I could do it myself but I would rather have the xpert so if an issue it is on their insurance. My wife will not warranty my work :lol: Just waiting on a deliver date, looking at adding some LED's on the side doors undrneath to look cool going down 400 north in the mornings. They hardly use any wattage and will be able to be remotly turned on or off. I am just thinking about it. I only travel 60 miles round trip daily. Less travel on weekends. I have heard some horror stories on older homes and wiring, main panels, current code. Would be worth the one price for all for them for sure.

Leafboy said:

http://s531.photobucket.com/albums/dd357/hlgeorge02/Nissan%20Leaf/?action=view&current=Leafarrives1.mp4

http://s531.photobucket.com/albums/dd357/hlgeorge02/Nissan%20Leaf/?action=view&current=Leafarrives2.mp4

http://s531.photobucket.com/albums/dd357/hlgeorge02/Nissan%20Leaf/?action=view&current=Leafarrives3.mp4

Wonderful, looks really nice. Looking forward to your experience in the 21st century car!

Leafboy said:

Congratulations! Love the red. If you come to Gwinnett, honk so I can hear you! :lol:

jimcmorr said:
evnow said:
MGW said:
I'm not a fan of the allocations myself.

I was given 1 for the month of August and have 3 RAQ's.
Welcome to MNL.

The allocations are indeed not great for smaller dealers and help larger dealers. But I guess this was done to placate dealers who cribbed about smaller dealers undercutting the larger dealers.

And this helps the consumers, how?

In my opinion, it doesn't help the consumer at all. The problem I have heard is the larger dealers are wanting a premium for the Leaf.

I did receive word that Nissan was going to increase the allocations during August due to a higher demand than whatnthey projected, I however have not seen this increase yet.

MGW said:
jimcmorr said:
evnow said:
Welcome to MNL.

The allocations are indeed not great for smaller dealers and help larger dealers. But I guess this was done to placate dealers who cribbed about smaller dealers undercutting the larger dealers.

And this helps the consumers, how?

In my opinion, it doesn't help the consumer at all. The problem I have heard is the larger dealers are wanting a premium for the Leaf.

I did receive word that Nissan was going to increase the allocations during August due to a higher demand than whatnthey projected, I however have not seen this increase yet.

Yes, that was my point! This does not benefit consumers. It benefits larger dealers who might try to gouge on the price. But I guess it is our duty as consumers to make sure we don't cave in to pressure from those dealers. Maybe if we order from the dealers with small allocations and willing ot resist gouging Nissan will get the message and increase their allocations.

Nalley Nissan in Decatur just got their Demo Leaf, and I was able to take it for a test drive. It's a silver 2011 Leaf SL-QC. The salesperson seemed almost as excited as I was to have one on the lot.

Does anyone have a production date appear in the dashboard online. Mine still says "pending" RAQ accepted aroun 10 Aug with 5 Star Nissan in Warner Robins.

Given that the estimated delivery times are 3 to 4 months (longer for the Ocean Blue), I would not expect a change on the dashboard until at least 4 weeks from now.

My estimated delivery has stated "month of November 2011" for a while now...

...and the footnote below says: "All your LEAF are belong to us!"

Mine still says "Pending". I order a white since I didn't want to wait longer for blue or red (my first two picks). When did you accept your RAQ? : :| :|

N952JL said:
Mine still says "Pending". I order a white since I didn't want to wait longer for blue or red (my first two picks). When did you accept your RAQ? : :| :|

Accepted on 7/30 - Nissan reps told me they had no delays related to the colors, so I picked our favorite red which was big time delayed for MY 2011.

It would suck if they pushed you past December... It's a new tax year and doesn't GA's $5K end in 2011 too? I'm not going to buy it if it happens to me.

cracovian said:
N952JL said:

Accepted on 7/30 - Nissan reps told me they had no delays related to the colors, so I picked our favorite red which was big time delayed for MY 2011.

It would suck if they pushed you past December... It's a new tax year and doesn't GA's $5K end in 2011 too? I'm not going to buy it if it happens to me.

This document appears to be an official Georgia Department of Natural Resources document..

http://www.gaepd.org/Files_PDF/forms/apb/levzev_fs.pdf

It makes no mention of an expiration date.

You can verify this by googling "georgia ev tax credit"

Also the Federal Tax credit does not expire until a particular manufacturer has produced 200,000 vehicles.

Good to know - Thanks, Jim!

The drawback of getting it in 2012 is that you have to wait for your money for the whole year - no way around it.

cracovian said:

The drawback of getting it in 2012 is that you have to wait for your money for the whole year - no way around it.

Unless you lease. The $7500 is applied to the lease up front. No waiting for tax time. I have also seen folks buy out the lease soon after signing up for it. Then they own their LEAF and a loan for the MSRP minus the $7500. The Georgia tax credit does not work the same way and will have to be taken as you can get it.

Jim

I accepted quote on Aug 4th, 2011 and my dashboard still says 'Pending" CS/Presales at Nissian chat said I should be getting a delivery date this coming week. If i do I will post it.

2012 SL Glazer Pearl

jimcmorr said:
Unless you lease. The $7500 is applied to the lease up front. No waiting for tax time. I have also seen folks buy out the lease soon after signing up for it. Then they own their LEAF and a loan for the MSRP minus the $7500. The Georgia tax credit does not work the same way and will have to be taken as you can get it.

Jim
My sales rep here in Warner Robins, say things will change between now and Oct/Nov. He says there was a big meeting between the GA Nissan Dealers and they are trying to work the same deal with the GA Tax credit and the Lease as they have with the Federal Tax credit. Which means a total of 12,500 paid on the lease up front. Don't know how true this is, as I have not done any follow up on it yet.

Joseph
reserved April 2010
RAQ accept Aug 10, 2011
status "Pending"

N952JL said:
jimcmorr said:

Jim
My sales rep here in Warner Robins, say things will change between now and Oct/Nov. He says there was a big meeting between the GA Nissan Dealers and they are trying to work the same deal with the GA Tax credit and the Lease as they have with the Federal Tax credit. Which means a total of 12,500 paid on the lease up front. Don't know how true this is, as I have not done any follow up on it yet.

Wow! I hope that is correct! Hopefully I will be moving in to my new GA home the weekend after Labor Day!

Took my first drive in a Leaf at my Nissian Dealer's today with Renee my sales lady. My wife and I really enjoyed that. It was impressive. Bigger than a Prius & 100% electric. Will be fun learning all the operations of the options, getting use to the monitoring and watching the eyes of my co-workers popping out when I park it at work. Still Pending for delivery and hoping that changes this week

jimcmorr said:
cracovian said:

Jim

This is really good info... I've already accepted my purchase quote. Are there options to change and lease the car instead?

Back