Anyone in Georgia?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
iae786 said:
N952JL said:
I just called my sales rep to ask about the 5,000 GA tax credit appling towards the lease like the 7,500 federal tax credit. He stated it had gone through, but he is going to check to make sure. Just thought I would keep everyone posted. Mine still has not changed from "pending"

Can you tell us which dealership you are working with? I'd like to get this done at lease time too. Thanks.

Any news on this Georgia state income tax credit being paid at lease time?

Also, can someone tell me what kind of sales tax does Georgia require on this vehicle? Does GA grant any kind of exemption based on its pure electric nature?

Considering that New Hampshire has been opened to ordering now, I would like to compare the cost of purchasing (leasing) the vehicle here in NH to the cost of purchasing (leasing) in GA. Our move to GA has been postponed indefinately, thanks to a house buyer that backed out of the deal, and I want to know if I should just wait, or try to figure out a way to get the vehicle now.

jimcmorr said:
iae786 said:
N952JL said:
I just called my sales rep to ask about the 5,000 GA tax credit appling towards the lease like the 7,500 federal tax credit. He stated it had gone through, but he is going to check to make sure. Just thought I would keep everyone posted. Mine still has not changed from "pending"

Can you tell us which dealership you are working with? I'd like to get this done at lease time too. Thanks.

Also, can someone tell me what kind of sales tax does Georgia require on this vehicle? Does GA grant any kind of exemption based on its pure electric nature?

Considering that New Hampshire has been opened to ordering now, I would like to compare the cost of purchasing (leasing) the vehicle here in NH toT the cost of purchasing (leasing) in GA. Our move to GA has been postponed indefinately, thanks to a house buyer that backed out of the deal, and I want to know if I should just wait, or try to figure out a way to get the vehicle now.
There is a 5k tax rebate and 30% Tax rebate on the cost of the charging Port. As for the lease as a rebate I think an earlier comment says it's a no go so far.

Leaftogo1 said:
There is a 5k tax rebate and 30% Tax rebate on the cost of the charging Port. As for the lease as a rebate I think an earlier comment says it's a no go so far.

I think someone had a salesperson say they could get the GA tax credit on a lease, but that doesn't seem like a reliable source of information. I would guess it was a no go until someone actually gets one this way. Also, I think the 30% EVSE credit expires this year.

The sales tax varies a bit by county. I think I paid 6%. The dealer sent me a refund because they had collected a higher rate.

I had a pleasant interaction at Conyers Nissan yesterday. We were over there for the Festival at the Monastery (sounds funny but it was great!) and wanted a little reassurance for the 77 mile round trip. I called ahead and asked if I could charge while we stopped for lunch. At least 3 people, including the General Manager pointed me to the charging station. He was excited about their first LEAF sale arriving in December and they have equipment and are getting training for service.

If you live over that way, they certainly seemed Leaf-friendly!

As for the GA tax rebate on a lease... On the most recent incentive matrix, the only lease cash shown is the $7,500. This was run in Georgia and it has no mention about the GA tax credit.

Hope this helps.

Mike.

jimcmorr said:
iae786 said:
N952JL said:

Considering that New Hampshire has been opened to ordering now, I would like to compare the cost of purchasing (leasing) the vehicle here in NH to the cost of purchasing (leasing) in GA. Our move to GA has been postponed indefinately, thanks to a house buyer that backed out of the deal, and I want to know if I should just wait, or try to figure out a way to get the vehicle now.

7% sales tax for my county Forsyth. It is based on what county you live in. I am buying from Gwinette Nissian on Pleasant Hill Rd in Duluth Ga. Your Getting a 5k tax rebate for state of ga and 30% off the cost of installing the Dock Charger Station.
You can call Renee at my dealer and she can help you with your comparison on leasing there or here.
her cell 513-237-4015. My SL sales price RQA was at $38,284.00

jimcmorr said:
iae786 said:
N952JL said:

As the above poster mentioned, majority of counties in GA are 7% sales tax. I think where you may find the biggest difference are the dealer Documentation fees in GA compared to NH.

For example, I'm originally from Ohio where the "Doc Fee" was $150, at my current dealership in GA and surrounding dealers it is $498.50. Not alot of difference, but every penny counts.

Thanks for your input folks. I am inclined to pursue getting the car here. I just hope that I don't end up paying sales tax on my lease and not getting the benefit of the income tax credit once we do get to GA.

Please don't hold me to this, but to get the GA tax credit, I'm guessing your Leaf has to be purchased and registered in GA. When I get back to the office Monday I can do some checking.

MGW said:
Please don't hold me to this, but to get the GA tax credit, I'm guessing your Leaf has to be purchased and registered in GA. When I get back to the office Monday I can do some checking.

Yes. That is what I understood. But I think the sales tax could be charged on a lease payment if I were to reside in GA. Tough maybe since the lease would be originated in NH maybe they don't.

:D I have received additional information regarding the delivery of your new Nissan LEAF.
Your Nissan LEAF is scheduled to be on the Hoegh Trident, which is scheduled to leave Japan on 10/15/11 with an estimated arrival in the U.S.of 11/15/11.
I know you will enjoy driving your new Nissan LEAF and all of the attention you will be getting as you drive around town!
Please contact us with any questions or concerns during your LEAF experience.

Nissan LEAF/Telematics
Service Delivery Supervisor

Now I am getting really excited! Time to track a ship.

That is brilliant, thank you; with those estimated arrival dates, it is possible that many of the cars ordered in August will be on board the Höegh Trident. Maybe even ours! :D

If my dashboard changes in the next three weeks, I will know it is on that ship.

Leaftogo1 said:
:D I have received additional information regarding the delivery of your new Nissan LEAF.
Your Nissan LEAF is scheduled to be on the Hoegh Trident, which is scheduled to leave Japan on 10/15/11 with an estimated arrival in the U.S.of 11/15/11.
I know you will enjoy driving your new Nissan LEAF and all of the attention you will be getting as you drive around town!
Please contact us with any questions or concerns during your LEAF experience.

Nissan LEAF/Telematics
Service Delivery Supervisor

Now I am getting really excited! Time to track a ship.

My order was confirmed 8/11/2011 reservation confirmed 4/20/2010. My account still list Month of December 2011. I'm only five days after yours (Had to teach the dealer how to respond) yet it looks like mine will be a month later.

Considering that processing in port, applying the decals (if you selected it), testing, transport and final preparation takes a few weeks, this could be the ship bringing most of the August orders.

I like thinking that our LEAF is on its way...

My dashboard is still saying a December delivery. I got information that they give a five day process to just get the Leaf from the port to the dealer. I would think with the push from Nissian to get as many delivered before the 31st of December that it could be that the ship is holding 1300 to 1500 cars. That year end total will help there over all deleveries for the year. Could of course not be all leafs. I expect to get it most likey before Thanksgiving. The dealer figures processing a few days not weeks. They always float the delivery date +- 15 days due to weather or other issues along the way I think. I am feeling a little like my daughter did when we ordered a cabbage patch baby for goodness sakes. ;-) Not even sure how many sold int he Atlanta Area all together. I am sure they has to be a few more than 3 of us. The guys at Customer Service for Nissian did say that the window from order on line to delivery to customer is 90 to 120 days. I am sure some of the load will be for Florida and other east coast deliveries by trucking them from the Port In Jacksonville, Fl.

I will keep an eye on the Höegh Trident as at the moment it is anchored by the Kawasaki ward in Yokohama and there is no destination reported in the marinetraffic site yet. I imagine that if it will be 31 days at sea, it should be arriving to JAX via the Panama Canal.

amtoro said:
I will keep an eye on the Höegh Trident as at the moment it is anchored by the Kawasaki ward in Yokohama and there is no destination reported in the marinetraffic site yet. I imagine that if it will be 31 days at sea, it should be arriving to JAX via the Panama Canal.

Check this link http://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=2091&start=490#p141177" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; in another thread. The Hoegh website has reported destinations for the Hoegh Trident.

Got my SPX Power Express delivered last week, after shipping and Tax was just over 800.00 The electrician came over this afternoon and install a 40 amp 220 with #8 cable if I need to upgrade to 50 later. Leaf is still showing Dec 2011 delivery. Ordered confirmed Aug 11 so 120 days would be Dec 9th.

relytgerg said:
Check this link http://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=2091&start=490#p141177" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; in another thread. The Hoegh website has reported destinations for the Hoegh Trident.

Yes, I'm watching that thread too

Latest posts

Back