Anyone in Georgia?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
donm82 said:
Leaftogo1 said:
Just got a deliver date of week of November 25th, whee! That will be great!

I'm getting a little worried about mine. I have an order confirmation from 8/2/11 and a delivery date of "month of November 2011" but no emails from Nissan yet.

I ordered a 2012 SL Silver from Gwinnett Place Nissan.

I ordered a 2012 SL Glacier Pearl confirmed 11 Aug 2011 with a reservation of 20 April 2010 (one of the first five in GA) and my profile still shows Dec 2011. I am wondering why others have a delivery date and have reserved/confirmed order before some who have their delivery dates week of 25 Nov. 2011.

I've updated the google maps and placed the blue dot on my house. Google even has a one year old picture that shows the solar panels.

N952JL said:
donm82 said:
Leaftogo1 said:
Just got a deliver date of week of November 25th, whee! That will be great!

I'm getting a little worried about mine. I have an order confirmation from 8/2/11 and a delivery date of "month of November 2011" but no emails from Nissan yet.

I ordered a 2012 SL Silver from Gwinnett Place Nissan.

I ordered a 2012 SL Glacier Pearl confirmed 11 Aug 2011 with a reservation of 20 April 2010 (one of the first five in GA) and my profile still shows Dec 2011. I am wondering why others have a delivery date and have reserved/confirmed order before some who have their delivery dates week of 25 Nov. 2011.

I've updated the google maps and placed the blue dot on my house. Google even has a one year old picture that shows the solar panels.

Contact Nissan Telmetrics via their customer service and email:
"Michael Nauth" <[email protected]
He is delivery manager

Leaftogo1 said:
Contact Nissan Telmetrics via their customer service and email:
"Michael Nauth" <[email protected]
He is delivery manager

I sent an email to the address above. They didn't have any more information. Basically, the are still telling me that my Leaf will be delivered in the middle of November. I really don't see how that is possible. To get the car in three weeks, it would have to be on a boat already.

I'm growing very frustrated with Nissan's lack of internal communication.

amtoro said:
My carwings just opened this morning, I have VIN 15972 :D :D :D

Delivery: Week of Dec 2nd!

Hmmm, I wonder if the Horizon Leader now in Jacksonville could be unloading Leafs.

relytgerg said:
Hmmm, I wonder if the Horizon Leader now in Jacksonville could be unloading Leafs.

I don't think it is; sailwx.com reports that it came from Europe.

Do we really know where the cars might be at the time when Carwings opens? maybe mine is in the Hoegh Trident and now that it approaches Panama, they released the VINs

I don't have an answer for that but after I sent my post I wondered the same thing! Thanks for posting. :D Maybe I'll google that port and see if I can find one. :?

amtoro said:
relytgerg said:

I don't think it is; sailwx.com reports that it came from Europe.

Do we really know where the cars might be at the time when Carwings opens? maybe mine is in the Hoegh Trident and now that it approaches Panama, they released the VINs
The Hoegh Delhi looks like the likely culprit. Left the Oppama docks on 9/20 and unloaded at Jacksonville on 10/21.

Could it really be that it takes 6 weeks for port clearing, stickers, testing, 400 miles of transport and dealer prep? :|

On the other hand, if it were to arrive on 11/15 to JAX, that would be too little time, just 2.5 weeks... Puzzled, very puzzled :?

amtoro said:
Could it really be that it takes 6 weeks for port clearing, stickers, testing, 400 miles of transport and dealer prep? :|

On the other hand, if it were to arrive on 11/15 to JAX, that would be too little time, just 2.5 weeks... Puzzled, very puzzled :?
What throws me is that, from what I've read in these forums, you can usually tie the Carwings activation and VIN to a specific ship arrival at a specific port, but that doesn't seem to be the case here.

In any case, congratulations! Keep us posted.

My delivery was supposed to be Nov 1, then it was 3, then 15, and now it's back to 10 while my other LEAF is sitting pretty at Nov 16. If that's true then maybe they're trucking some of them from the West? Especially those early ones...

I am still sitting on a week of Nov 25th. Hoegh Trident is to drop it off in Jacksoville and then tuck up to dealer in Duluth Ga. I am getting excited, been car pooling with wife pass few months after I sold my trade it out right..Not sure if she is more excited to get me out of the car pooling or that we're getting our Leaf

My red LEAF is at Town Center already! I could it pick it up today but I have a conflict, so it will have to wait until tomorrow - wish me luck!

cracovian said:
My red LEAF is at Town Center already! I could it pick it up today but I have a conflict, so it will have to wait until tomorrow - wish me luck!
Congrat and I wish you luck. Any connection to Krakow

EdmondLeaf said:
cracovian said:
Congrat and I wish you luck. Any connection to Krakow

Totally connected to Krakow :) I went to high school there before coming to ATL during my senior year. My first girlfriend, my drivers license in Fiat 126p, all kinds of firsts there - scarred me for life thus the nick :)

I got my 2012 Black SL at 2:00 PM today (November 9th, 2011) from Team Nissan in Marietta. Wayne Parker, the most excellent sales dude, called me at the crack of dawn to let me know the truck had dropped the LEAFs off early in the morning. I got to the dealership at 10:00 AM to watch them clean the car up and get it on the charger. I returned later in the afternoon to sign the paperwork.

I have been wanting an electric car since I was a little boy (I'm 44 now), and this car is everything I could have hoped for.

I drove 70 miles this afternoon, with 5 miles left on the battery (I did not have a full charge). My driving tomorrow will yield better numbers.

I have switched the house over to time of use ($0.0125 / KWh) and have most of the electronics figured out. Since I pay myself mileage, this puppy will be paid for in no time (especially since it only costs $0.30 to fill her up)!

Only bad thing is that it rained on the car only 2 hours into the ownership (the garage wasn't cleared out yet). Oh well, but since it is dirty, might as well drive it. And drive it much I will.

Flash

FlashCorliss said:
I got my 2012 Black SL at 2:00 PM today (November 9th, 2011) from Team Nissan in Marietta. Wayne Parker, the most excellent sales dude, called me at the crack of dawn to let me know the truck had dropped the LEAFs off early in the morning. I got to the dealership at 10:00 AM to watch them clean the car up and get it on the charger. I returned later in the afternoon to sign the paperwork.

I have been wanting an electric car since I was a little boy (I'm 44 now), and this car is everything I could have hoped for.

I drove 70 miles this afternoon, with 5 miles left on the battery (I did not have a full charge). My driving tomorrow will yield better numbers.

I have switched the house over to time of use ($0.0125 / KWh) and have most of the electronics figured out. Since I pay myself mileage, this puppy will be paid for in no time (especially since it only costs $0.30 to fill her up)!

Only bad thing is that it rained on the car only 2 hours into the ownership (the garage wasn't cleared out yet). Oh well, but since it is dirty, might as well drive it. And drive it much I will.

Flash
That $0.0125 kWh rate is during what time? Normal daytime rate is what? I wish Flint Electric had a program like this. Most of my daylight usage is via my 10kW PV system. On adv I produce just over 1200 kWh per month. (Warner Robins). My reservation was entered 4/20/10 but I couldn't get the dealer to respond to my REQ till Aug 10, so my deliver date is week of Dec 2. Also Atlanta area is a much higher priority for Nissan than little old Warner Robins.

Back