April Deliveries

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
trentr said:
Congrats guys! Did you know ahead of time that your cars will arrive today or where you just given a very rough ETA? CS said that my car is on the truck awaiting delivery in a couple of days, but Brendan doesn't know my ETA at all. It is very odd that even when the car is on the truck( which I doubt ), the dealer still doesn't have much visibility.

The dealers must not know because CS told me that my LEAF left for the dealer on or around Apr. 18th and should be at the dealer by the 20th. So I guess they don't know until it actually arrives, which seems strange. And I have never received the '7-day email'.

Congrats to csriram45 and earther on the delivery of their LEAFS. I guess the fact that I had the same VIN as earther did not make a big impact on delivery. I was able to enable CW with VIN 1571. OP still showing VIN 922, which I hope does not cause a problem for you Steve.

Tomorrow, I need to show my wife how to drive the LEAF and pay attention to all the bell and whistles. Last time I tried to teach her how to drive a stick shift, was a complete disaster, and was close to grounds for divorce. With no transmission to deal with, the LEAF should be much easier.

csriram45 and earther - enjoy your LEAF experience. Only have 10 miles on my LEAF before I put her to sleep.

trentr said:
earther said:
csriram45 said:
Ok. Finally some good news. Brendan emailed to tell me my Leaf is at the dealership. Waiting for the call to come over and pick it up.

I got the email from Brendan as well; guess our cars were on the same truck. No call for me to set up a pickup time yet either though (but I suspect that will come in the next day or two). Looks like I'm going to have a good Earth Day celebration afterall :D

Congrats guys! Did you know ahead of time that your cars will arrive today or where you just given a very rough ETA? CS said that my car is on the truck awaiting delivery in a couple of days, but Brendan doesn't know my ETA at all. It is very odd that even when the car is on the truck( which I doubt ), the dealer still doesn't have much visibility.

Just checked my DB, and suddenly, everything is wide open - pre-purchase check list and own, with my estimated delivery - here is the kick - week of April 6, 2011 :?:

Well, I can call Brendan tomorrow to follow up on exactly what this means now.

Mine just went from 4/14 to 4/26. Never got seven day email so I wasn't real surprised.

We're leaving Tucson in early May for a road trip to Alaska and we've decided not to take the Leaf so I hope it comes in time for us to put some miles on it.

With my latest DB update (to 4/20), I just had to contact "chat". They basically confirm that changing dates on DB are due to work being done to "fix" the A/C issue (and there appears to be good news regarding delivery of my wife's car, too!). Relevant portion of the chat follows ...

Mark (me): Any chance my car really arrives this week? Here is my recent history ...
Mark: Friday last week DB says "week of April 6", Saturday it changes to "week of April 19", Sunday it moves to "week of April 26" and then I also receive e-mail saying "delivery to dealer within 7 days". Now today, the dashboard says ""week of April 20".

Kara: That's quite a delivery date change history you have there! My apologies for the confusion. The reason why there have been so many changes recently is due to the software update that is being performed at the port prior to the Leafs being released out to the dealers.

Kara: I have good news though, it appears that your Leaf has indeed received the software update and should be on its way to your dealership anytime now!

svBackstreets said:
We're leaving Tucson in early May for a road trip to Alaska and we've decided not to take the Leaf so I hope it comes in time for us to put some miles on it.
I hope to drive to Alaska someday, and camp along the way. Perhaps eventually in a 300+ mile range EV. Or sooner in the Prius.

Although I never got my seven day e-mail, stay tuned for details on yet another LEAF delivery. :D

Well, my buddy's October order had a Month of June estimate until this morning.
Now, on 20 April, exactly one year from making our Reservations, the "estimate" changes abruptly to Week of 8 April. :) :)

Note: Having programmed since 1960, it is hard for me to believe any person (OR real programmer) was involved in making up these estimates!!!

But, he is QUITE excited ... that the car could have arrived at the dealer (only 25 miles from the Port of LA) as much as two weeks ago!! :D :D :D

He calls me at 6:45 AM and is excited like a kid in a candy store, clutching a bag of saved-up pennies! :lol:

His grin shows right through the phone! I get excited too ... since I have never before seen/heard him like this ... but I have only known him for 9.67 years!

He thinks I had something to do with it, since I called the LEAF CS line yesterday about noon, checking on his LEAF's status.

Note 2: I think the "flood gates" have opened, and there will be a LOT of new SMILES on anxious faces before the end of this month.

Early Christmas Cheers to my very good friend, and to All of You ...
Sincerely, GaryG

This quote is interesting because of my current DB:
Mark (me): Any chance my car really arrives this week? Here is my recent history ...
Mark: Friday last week DB says "week of April 6", Saturday it changes to "week of April 19", Sunday it moves to "week of April 26" and then I also receive e-mail saying "delivery to dealer within 7 days". Now today, the dashboard says ""week of April 20".

Kara: That's quite a delivery date change history you have there! My apologies for the confusion. The reason why there have been so many changes recently is due to the software update that is being performed at the port prior to the Leafs being released out to the dealers.

I had been on a delivery schedule of "Pending", and then a month ago it moved to "month of June 2011" until this morning. I opened the LEAF account and BEHOLD! "Delivery expected to be the week of April 08, 2011". Talk about a reversal of fortune!
Now what that means in reality (am I expecting reality in this process at this point?) will have to be discussed with the dealer or CS later this morning.
Gregg
order date 10/29/2011
SL+QC in white, VIN #1597

garygid said:
... but I have only known him for 9.67 years!
In the interest of providing only the most accurate information here on MNL, could we ask you to be more precise? :lol: :lol: :lol:

garygid said:
my buddy's October order had a Month of June estimate until this morning...Now, on 20 April, exactly one year from making our Reservations, the "estimate" changes abruptly to Week of 8 April.

Given that today is April 20, it is interesting that the estimate changed to April 8. Does that mean he has to wait another entire year (April 8, 2012)? It shows just how unreliable these estimates are.

palmermd said:
garygid said:
my buddy's October order had a Month of June estimate until this morning...Now, on 20 April, exactly one year from making our Reservations, the "estimate" changes abruptly to Week of 8 April.

Given that today is April 20, it is interesting that the estimate changed to April 8. Does that mean he has to wait another entire year (April 8, 2012)? It shows just how unreliable these estimates are.

From what I can gather (as my DB went to April 6 last Friday the 16th) is that such change is likely due to Carwings being activated at the port by technicians working on the "software" fix. Subsequent changes to DB occur at other stages during the prep process.

CS had said that I should get the car by tomorrow. My DB still says week of april 14th, so I'm
expecting a call from the dealer today! If not, then maybe I'll get it next week, in time for the
blink charger to be installed.

Beachcliffs posted:
From what I can gather (as my DB went to April 6 last Friday the 16th) is that such change is likely due to Carwings being activated at the port by technicians working on the "software" fix. Subsequent changes to DB occur at other stages during the prep process.
Thanks for bringing me back to reality on this estimated delivery date fluctuation. I will be sure to watch for further changes--whatever they may be!
Gregg

starry said:
Thanks for bringing me back to reality on this estimated delivery date fluctuation. I will be sure to watch for further changes--whatever they may be!
Gregg
I hope to be able to report soon that our car arrived at dealer (25 minutes from port) within a week of DB going to "week of April 6". Only time will tell.

Back