Level 2 chargers taking 6+ weeks for install in Mid TN

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

parout66

I recently brought our Leaf home and have signed up for the level 2 charger via the EVA Project. We were told it typically takes 2 weeks for install. After speaking with fellow, new Leaf owners here it is taking 6 or more weeks to get installed. The dealers in Middle Tennessee are aggressively pricing the leases to clear out inventory for the 2013 Leaf's. Thus, there has been a large influx of new Leaf's hitting the roads here. If anyone is considering a new Leaf keep this in mind.

Living near Nissan headquarters (mothership) in Franklin, I have been frequenting the quick charger there. In fact, on Friday I was charging my Leaf when one pulled up behind me with tape all over it. It was like the spy shots you see in car magazines. I got out and spoke with the driver. He was a test driver with Nissan and was driving the 2013 model. I commented on the fact that the 2013 will reportedly get about 15 more miles on a charge of which he confirmed. I asked if this would be something that might possibly be added to a 2012 via some type of software upgrade. He did not think so.

you can always buy the schneider unit from home depot and have your local electrician install it . one day and you are done!!! and it is most of the time cheaper with unit and labor than the DEAL the others offer for FREE? Yes I install schneider eq only.!! and our local network has been up and running for 2 years now this is some really durable eq.

Got my lil Leaf on Nov 17th and Besco installed mine today (glad too..50 mile commute, always charging!)

I bought my leaf on 11/21. I filled out the EV Project online form a couple days later and signed the "contract" a few days later when it was sent to me. I still haven't heard anything from them.

They may be a little overwhelmed by the volume increase the last two months. I talked with the salesman at downtown Nissan in Nashville and it sounds like their volume was up 5-10 fold in October and November compared to the rest of the year. For much of 2012 they were selling 2-3/month. In October they were in the high teens and they were on pace for ~25 in November. In my part of Nashville (midtown/west end) I've been seeing many, many more leafs on the road in the last few weeks. That may be partially because I'm looking for them since I'm a new owner, but I suspect most of it is an increase in sales as lease deals became very affordable.

Have to agree that if you want it quickly buy your EVSE from Home Depot (I chose the Leviton plug-in unit). If the store doesn't have it Homedepot.com will ship it free and you'll have it in two days. Then hire an electrician to install the outlet and you're done.

We're having the same experience here in Northern California: LEAFs are suddenly affordable ($199/mo lease) and they're getting on the road. Have to thank Nissan for providing the financial incentive to encourage deployment. It shows the company's commitment to EVs--they put their money where their mouth is.

If you are waiting on the EV project, as I'm sure many here can confirm; It's a great idea to have your Nissan-Supplied EVSE in the trunk upgraded to Level II. Not only can you use this in the interim for charging until you get your wall-mounted unit installed, but it also is very useful to have a spare in the event you have a problem. Sometimes it can take some time to get the problem fixed, so it's nice to know you have a low-cost, reliable backup unit.

-Phil

Back