New York here...

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
...there's a place to charge in Lee...

That would be my home charging station shared on plugshare.com.

We have no public chargers in the county aside from the Nissan dealer in Pittsfield.

Speaking of public charging stations...what's up with Syracuse, NY? They have one lot with 14 Level 2 stations and another with 13 and another with 9 (according to the blink map). Seems like some sort of fever dream given what we (don't) have over here.

listless said:
Speaking of public charging stations...what's up with Syracuse, NY? They have one lot with 14 Level 2 stations and another with 13 and another with 9 (according to the blink map). Seems like some sort of fever dream given what we (don't) have over here.
I live near Syracuse. Syracuse and Central NY have always been very technology forward IMHO. The charging infrastructure is primarily due to the efforts of Barry Carr of the Central New York Clean Cities organization. They were featured on PBS on Motorweek this past weekend. I don't know if the Blink map is correct yet, but Barry did tell me that things are still ramping up and the software is not yet complete at all the charging locations. Until it is, charging is free with a Blink account.

Well, I have been delayed! After finally receiving a VIN late last week, I have still been stuck with a "January 20th" date, despite having gone well past January 20th. I was pretty convinced that I would be getting a call from the dealer yesterday or today. Instead, I went and checked the website again this morning, and I now have a date of February 3rd! A friend of mine reports that he saw a red Leaf on the Northern State Parkway the other day...so people are definitely getting them on LI! Just not my dealer, I guess.

Nevermind! The dealer called me this evening that the car has arrived. In addition, I got an email from Nissan this morning congratulating me on my purchase. (??)

I'm going to go in tomorrow and see if I can actually afford this bad boy...

I hope I can afford it...cause I took delivery this evening!

It's charging up on L1 on my driveway right now. CarWings isn't working, though...gonna have to visit the dealer next week.

NYLEAF said:

It's charging up on L1 on my driveway right now. CarWings isn't working, though...gonna have to visit the dealer next week.
Congratulations! Now you need to update your delivery date... ;-)

Thank you! and I've now updated it!

And for any Long Island Leafers, I'm very excited to see that the Town of Hempstead has decided to install 4 Chargepoint stations in Lido Beach/Point Lookout, by the Marina. I usually go to Long Beach in the summer, but this will give me a reason to drive a few minutes further into Point Lookout!

As for Blink...the nearest Blink chargers to the NYC area are in PA or Syracuse. From what I've read on the other threads, we don't want any Blink chargers anyway...although if they installed a DC Quick Charge I'd be happy.

NYLEAF said:

Well, I guess Nissan will count a Jan 27 delivery as marking their week of Jan 20 within 7 days. I just hope they don't string my delivery out this way. Southeastern PA folks who ordered later than me already have their cars. My delivery is scheduled for week of Feb 6, which would mean Feb 13th if they do this. I ordered on Nov 30, and way back at the beginning of Dec my estimated delivery showed month of Jan for about a week before going to week of Feb 6, where it's been ever since. I wonder if there was some screw-up at Nissan back then which somehow put the orders from the first week of Dec in front of mine... In any event, I still don't have a VIN.

tps said:
Well, I guess Nissan will count a Jan 27 delivery as marking their week of Jan 20 within 7 days.

Technically, a day before I went into the dealer, my date changed to February 3rd, so, I could have technically waited until February 10th...and then, when I came home from the dealer, I logged on and saw my date was moved to January 31. I just logged in now and checked, my date is still January 31. Let's just hope you get yours sooner rather than later. You've been waiting long enough!

Order update - ordered on 1/21/2012 hoping for an April delivery. Online account shows delivery estimated "week of March 09". So I hope it is delayed.
Interesting that order to deliver is 7 - 8 weeks. Looks like there is no longer a delay for the color red!

Hi! I made an 80 mile round-trip journey yesterday between Long Island and New Jersey. I had to charge for a few hours on L1 at my destination in NJ, and I stopped for 1.5 hours at Staten Island Nissan for a charge, as well. Made it home with 3 bars left, so maybe I didn't need to charge up at SI Nissan, after all. I have to say, if anyone is going that direction, the people at SI Nissan were extremely nice and helpful. They had to move 4 cars for me to get my Leaf into a spot near the charging stations, and they had to look at their breaker panel and figure out which breaker needed to be switched on for the charging stations to work. The whole thing took about 30 minutes to accomplish, but they did it for me -- someone who did not buy their vehicle there, and had no intention of buying anything from them at all, in fact. The person who helped me, who may have been the general manager, I'm not sure, seemed genuinely committed to making sure my electric car journey was a total success, and it was -- I got home without the help of a tow truck! :)

There is a Blue SL available at Burdick Nissan in Cicero/North Syracuse where I bought my Silver Leaf. I'm told that the MSRP with included accessories is $38,100 and that is what they'll sell it for.

If you're interested, send me a private message so I can hook you up and get the referral fee.

I've had my Silver Leaf for just over a month now and have been very happy with it. The combination of cold weather, a hilly commute, and my sometimes less than conservative driving does reduce the range, but it's more than enough for my 23 mile round trip commute. I've been doing just fine on 110 volt charging alone.

I've been really impressed by the amount of technology the car is loaded with including the USB capability on the audio system. I now have over 1,500 songs loaded on a USB stick and usually just let it play in random mode.

When needed, the acceleration from a standing start is quite impressive also.

Got my vanity plates today...

425046_2990711731136_1362390116_32947049_307392174_n.jpg

How's everyone doing in NY? You're a quiet bunch (and we all know that New Yorkers are far from quiet!)

I'm scheduled to get my blue Leaf the week of March 30th here south of Rochester. I have not yet seen one in the wild, although my dealer, Dorschel Nissan, told me that mine will be the second one they've sold. I'm on plugshare with a level 2 charger (Tom F.), so if anyone makes it to my neck of the woods, stop in for a charge!!
My round trip commute to Rochester is 57 miles - should work out well, and it looks like my employer will let me charge at work if/when I need it.

Picked up my leaf today! Dave at Nemith Motors in Latham was very helpful, spend a couple hours with my wife and me to go over all the features and controls. Had a fun drive home and am now getting things setup, charging timers, radio stations, garage door opener, etc. Going with L1 EVSE for now, but will get Phil's upgrade when it's convenient for me.
I was the second customer to get delivery of a Leaf from this dealer. Don't believe the other owner is on this forum, or is at least not posting.

Dealer has two L2 EVSE (GE) that are accessible to the public. One is right out front in the customer parking area. Another is on the side of a building South of the showroom. Dave says they are always on, even if the dealership is not open.

Congrats!

It really surprises me that there are more upstate folks than downstate folks! You'd think this car would be more popular in the city.

Not that I've seen or heard of. I'd be up for a meet-up if anyone else in my area is willing.

The issue with organizing it in this particular thread is that NY is huge, and we are getting responses from all over the state...imagine trying to organize a "California meetup". However, I'd be interested in a Long Island/Staten Island/North Jersey meetup, as long as it's within driving distance. For Long Island, I think Point Lookout/Lido Beach would be a good spot, since there are 4 ChargePoints at the Marina, and the beach is (kind of) within walking distance.

Back