New York here...

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
NYLEAF said:
I'm not holding my breath. My birthday is at the end of February, so, I'm hoping mine shows up around then. Canceling and reordering is most definitely going to cause me a big delay in receiving my car. I'd be very, very surprised if it was before Feb. I'd be even more surprised if anyone in New York got a Leaf before the end of the year.

I'm in MA, and my delivery "date" now shows as "Week of January 9th, 2012", my Nissan dealer called me last week, they have their demo in, and I was invited to try it out for a few hours this Saturday, to familirize myself with it, they said I can even take it home to try out my Schnieder L2 EVSE... so don't be surprised if its early January, as the Boston Leafs come through the Port of NY/NJ.

I think that's the earliest anyone in NY will get theres, first couple weeks of Jan. My original (now canceled) order was saying January 2012. It probably would have switched to a "Week Of" by now, had I not canceled it.

Finally placed my order on Friday. Still showing "Pending" on delivery, so I don't think I'll see mine before February. No word from the dealer on when demos will be in.

I have a change in status this morning. My estimated delivery has changed from the month of January, 2012 to the week of January 20, 2012. The option to enable Carwings is still not active, however, and, of course, no VIN yet. I'm hoping these will change soon also.

Anyone else in NY?

My new order (done November 27, I believe?) is still "Pending", but I did a "chat" with CS and they said that the car is currently estimated for arrival 2/20/12. That's "subject to change", of course.

My status also changed this morning. My estimated delivery changed from the month of January, 2012 to the week of January 20, 2012. The option to enable Carwings is still not active.

Reservation: 4/20/2010
First date able to request a quote (RAQ): 10/1/2011
Actual order date (when quote was accepted): 10/3/2011

My new order (which was made November 23, not the 27th as I originally thought) now says "Week of January 20, 2012". It's also suggesting to me that I have my trade in appraised and that I complete the credit application. I received no email informing me of this change from "Pending" to "Week of", and I completely skipped the "Month of" stage. In fact, since I canceled my old order, I have received NO e-mails from Nissan. So weird. I wonder if that's because I'm using the same email on this account as on the canceled one?

Got my Carwings activation notice and VIN this morning. I think mine must have been on the Martorell which was at Newark FAPS this week. Any other New Yorkers?

Checked with customer support via "live chat" today. I'm being told my Leaf is still at sea and will be arriving in Norfolk, Virginia, NOT Newark as I was told earlier. I remain frustrated with Nissan's failure to communicate and continue to wait without much information.

I had to cancel my order - wife's Subaru died and we had to replace the family car immediately, so I'm on hold for a while until the finances get built up again.

Driving past Nissan/Kia of Middletown last week, there was a nice Cayenne Red SL out front, and it's listed on their website as available for $35,657. I suspect that was the one I ordered. There's no announcement on the dealer website about the Leaf arriving. You'd think they would want to make a bigger deal about this.

I saw your post in the Tier 4 thread as well...I suspect that Red Leaf is actually the dealer's demo car. I checked out their website, and the VIN on that car is in the same range as every other dealer's demo car VIN, and the specs match, as well. I find it hard to believe that a dealer would sell an SL for that price, especially when it would probably be the first Leaf sold in NYS. It seems that most dealers in NY have their demo car listed on their website under New Inventory, but they can't actually sell you the car...it's a gimmick to get you into the showroom.

Mine just went from "Week of Feb 3" to "Week of Feb 6" to "Week of January 13"

Mine is a Cayanne Red SL...maybe I'm getting dtomko's!

Back