SHENZHEN FACTORY TECHNOLOGY battery packs- is it real?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ive been looking for replacements and came across VIVNE and they look pretty good. What do you all think?
https://vivnevs.com/products/
I’m definitely following this, I’ve had much curiosity on these CATL packs. The only website that looks legit and to the point is vivnevs. They have options to pick down to the kWh and generation. They also offer / supply the B24 22-36pin adapter and the CAN Bridge.
They also have a YouTube channel
https://www.youtube.com/@VIVNEVS
Out of all the Chinese companies, this one appears to be the most “put together”
They claim to have driven from ~100% SOC down to completely dead with a 62kWh battery swap and went I believe 567km. Their channel hasn’t been out for long, but it’s worth a watch.
I've been seriously considering them, but I'm holding off until there's a documented case of someone installing these with minimal issues and successfully driving for an extended period of time.

I’m definitely following this, I’ve had much curiosity on these CATL packs. The only website that looks legit and to the point is vivnevs. They have options to pick down to the kWh and generation. They also offer / supply the B24 22-36pin adapter and the CAN Bridge.
They also have a YouTube channel
https://www.youtube.com/@VIVNEVS
Out of all the Chinese companies, this one appears to be the most “put together”
They claim to have driven from ~100% SOC down to completely dead with a 62kWh battery swap and went I believe 567km. Their channel hasn’t been out for long, but it’s worth a watch.
I've been seriously considering them, but I'm holding off until there's a documented case of someone installing these with minimal issues and successfully driving for an extended period of time.
Yeah, thats the one I'm following too. I noticed that some of their newer stuff claims that they dont even need a CAN bridge, because apparently they re-programmed the BMS itself. Is that even possible?

I just purchased a 68kWh pack from Vivnevs. Helen has been keeping me updated on the build of the battery. I had to send a few screenshots from Leafspy that showed the ECU version so they can program the new BMS.
That's a very interesting detail. It implies they could actually have a solution. Whether it actually works...! I wish you all the best with this and congratulations on being the bravest so far!

So, just to be clear - they are providing a BMS with the solution you've bought? Do you expect that to be an old Nissan Leaf BMS from another Leaf they have locally, that they then reformat and deliver with the batteries?

Last edited:
Oh! I'm very interested to know the progress. Where are you based?
I'm in Queensland, Australia.

That's a very interesting detail. It implies they could actually have a solution. Whether it actually works...! I wish you all the best with this and congratulations on being the bravest so far!

So, just to be clear - they are providing a BMS with the solution you've bought? Do you expect that to be an old Nissan Leaf BMS from another Leaf they have locally, that they then reformat and deliver with the batteries?

The pack will come with a pre programmed BMS that matches the old BMS serials I have supplied.

The price difference was only $500AUD for a complete pack or build and modify the existing pack myself so I have gone with the complete pack. All I'll need to do is drop the old battery out and put the new battery in.

I'm in Queensland, Australia.

The pack will come with a pre programmed BMS that matches the old BMS serials I have supplied.

The price difference was only $500AUD for a complete pack or build and modify the existing pack myself so I have gone with the complete pack. All I'll need to do is drop the old battery out and put the new battery in.

Looks like there’s lots of eager followers of your project!

When do you expect to receive delivery? I know deliveries to the UK would be about 3 months, but you have the advantage of being closer.

Make sure you stay safe with those high voltage connectors underneath. The main high voltage connector is a pain to get off BTW. Worth hunting down some how to videos if you haven’t already done that.

Best of luck with this. Please post updates when you have them.

this info is in the service screen under “read ECU versions”

I really hope this is as plug n play as it sounds, would be nice to finally breathe some new life into my 1st gen leaf with a remaining 9 kWh…
The only thing that makes sense is that they are re-using Leaf BMSs that match the new battery capacity. Adding a CAN bridge as well if the new BMS is different from what the car came with. But not reprogramming the BMS. I read somewhere the Leaf 24 kwh BMS would cope with up to 28 kwh; we can extrapolate that a 40 kwh BMS can handle up to about 47 kwh, and the 60 kwh is OK with up to 70 kwh.

I would buy a rebuild kit that features 24 to 26 kwh of new cells. And park the vehicle outside for the rest of its life.

The only thing that makes sense is that they are re-using Leaf BMSs that match the new battery capacity. Adding a CAN bridge as well if the new BMS is different from what the car came with. But not reprogramming the BMS. I read somewhere the Leaf 24 kwh BMS would cope with up to 28 kwh; we can extrapolate that a 40 kwh BMS can handle up to about 47 kwh, and the 60 kwh is OK with up to 70 kwh.

I would buy a rebuild kit that features 24 to 26 kwh of new cells. And park the vehicle outside for the rest of its life.
I also followed up with Hellen at Vivne. She said now that they reprogram the BMS, they do not need the CANbridge. I am not judging if that s true or not, just sharing. She shared this video of a 24kWh Leaf getting a 40kWh battery.

From my understanding they re-program/flash the BMS to support the new capacity. However, the balancing is overall not good at keeping the pack balanced when there is too much of a delta. Some useful information on this can be found on another thread from back in march. If anyone’s interested Mux addressed this very thing:
https://mynissanleaf.com/threads/53kw-catl-upgrade-on-2013-leaf-s.35205/post-642925

Thanks! I started looking at the video. The pack they are working on appears to be the pack from the Nissan Sylphy EV... which is manufactured in China At 2:10, Leaf Spy shows 100.00% SOH, which indicates to me that the BMS was reset or...reprogrammed? I do find it plausible that if the Sylphy pack is manufactured in China, perhaps the BMS is as well, and that they could have access to programming resources for that BMS.

https://mynissanleaf.com/threads/the-nissan-sulphy-24kwh-and-38kwh-ev.31495/

Interesting.

Last edited:
From my understanding they re-program/flash the BMS to support the new capacity. However, the balancing is overall not good at keeping the pack balanced when there is too much of a delta. Some useful information on this can be found on another thread from back in march. If anyone’s interested Mux addressed this very thing:
https://mynissanleaf.com/threads/53kw-catl-upgrade-on-2013-leaf-s.35205/post-642925
And MUX explains why this approach wont work. Yes, I saw that previously.

thanks for sharing that other thread. Seems that @Simon357 was 50% satisfied but waiting for a 'CANbridge v3.0', so presumably that was before this 'reprogrammed BMS' option came to light. I wonder if @Simon357 will update that other thread or this one now ive tagged him.

The Sylphy shipped with a 38 kwh battery--why would that BMS need reprogramming at all for a 40 kwh CATL battery? Another item I noticed in the video is the the BMS says ZE0 on it, but the enclosure was wet-sealed, no gasket. ZE0 would be for a 2011 to 2012 Leaf, which had a gasket. But this BMS also has the all white connectors, which I recall is also a feature of the ZE0 BMS. So, an early BMS version with 2017 batteries. It is certainly different than anything we have seen. If it is a ZE0 BMS, or based on it, balancing is weak.

Very little info on the Sylphy battery out there. This video shows one being removed--looks like the same garage as in the VIVNE video. .

From what I understand, the lower charge/discharge rate and less heating sound like advantages. Well, I haven't personally done business with them, so I can't vouch for their reliability. As for me, it's always good to do thorough research and maybe find reviews from others who have tried them.
For more info on battery options, you might also want to look into lithium SOCl2 battery. They have a different application but offer some insights into battery tech.

Last edited:
Back