The official "I got my Leaf" thread

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
dhahn said:
Long time lurker - just got the call from Sunnyvale Nissan that my Cayenne Red (SL+QC) VIN #235 Leaf arrived today and I can pick it up Saturday morning.

Whoo!

Congratulations Dhahn! I had noticed your order on the VIN spreadsheet. You ordered 11/24/10 and had a VIN. Now you've got your car. Very impressive. Care to share any secrets of how to get a car that quickly? ;)

Urgh.....I've FINALLY been able to get the first 15 minute part of my morning commute video uploaded to YouTube. More of this morning and the full evening commute video to follow. Hope you guys find it worthwhile, sorry the commentary is a bit hokey:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ebMa8kLHGhc[/youtube]

I can now add my name to this list :D Picked up my Leaf tonight and am loving it. Not sure if anyone else besides Gury has gotten one in Nor Cal yet, but I was the first one that Boardwalk Nissan sold to. They were all very excited to be selling their frist and they had three more to go.

leafkabob said:
dhahn said:
Long time lurker - just got the call from Sunnyvale Nissan that my Cayenne Red (SL+QC) VIN #235 Leaf arrived today and I can pick it up Saturday morning.

Whoo!

Congratulations Dhahn! I had noticed your order on the VIN spreadsheet. You ordered 11/24/10 and had a VIN. Now you've got your car. Very impressive. Care to share any secrets of how to get a car that quickly? ;)

Seriously.. that's a neat trick. How's it work?

mwalsh said:
Urgh.....I've FINALLY been able to get the first 15 minute part of my morning commute video uploaded to YouTube. More of this morning and the full evening commute video to follow. Hope you guys find it worthwhile, sorry the commentary is a bit hokey:

Nice video - thanks.

ETA - Hey - what's that at 13:22 into the video? Did you manage to get the first official Leaf gesture? :lol:

...why did I just spend 43 minutes of my morning watching someone else drive to work? :lol:

=Smidge=

Seems like complete silence when the car is not moving. That may take some getting used to (in a good way)! Thanks, mwalsh.

tps said:
Seems like complete silence when the car is not moving. That may take some getting used to (in a good way)! Thanks, mwalsh.

There isn't a whole bunch of noise when you're moving either. Most of the background noise in the video is an artifact from the camera's microphone. If you listen to the sounds under that, you can actually hear the engine noise from passing vehicles more than you can here the noises from the LEAF's tires, like when that black Mercedes passes me towards the very end of the first video.

I had the same thought. Enough people drive these, and they are really going to notice how the road is other peoples noises, not ours.

Also, it makes it absolutely clear how rough the roads are in California. A change in road pavement = instantly noticeable in the cabin.

mwalsh said:

Thank you for the video MWalsh! It is great! I like pretending I am right there driving the LEAF! :D

It is funny, that I notice the pedestrian noise somewhat when music isn't playing. It sounds inside the cabin like a bit of a swirling wind whoosh. At first I thought it was the fan. But then noticed it stopped when I stopped. It is not at all unpleasant or overly distracting but noticeable when creeping or just leaving a spot.

Other observations:

- Dual clocks threw me. One of mine (over the wheel) was set to Japan time or something random while the nav clock was right on (obviously). Synced them up and I feel better.

- Difference between ECO and non is very noticeable. Non-ECO is much more like Mini-E though not quite the punch. You can still hit it well in ECO but toggling between them you really feel the diff. I find I don't mind ECO for my commute at all. If you need to race off the line, switch it. I wish there was an option to default to ECO. I keep forgetting to switch it.

- Steering seems better, less mushy than I recall of the test drive a while back. Could just be me but feels more responsive. Still on the mushy side though.

- Road noise is more noticeable than in the Mini-E. Probably less insulation.

- Back seats are raised up in a stadium seating kind of way with no room under front seats. I didn't notice that before. Likely the battery compartment.

- The Map charger locator functionality seems pretty weak to me. Haven't figured out how to make it real useful other than pathing to a specific location. I will stick to my App for now :).

More to come.

EVNation said:
- Dual clocks threw me. One of mine (over the wheel) was set to Japan time or something random while the nav clock was right on (obviously). Synced them up and I feel better.

My clocks are both out by an hour today...like they randomly switched from daylight savings overnight or something. Don't know why yet.

I just got "the call" from my PD....my Leaf has arrived! My Leaf was the only one on the truck, so if they can get it prepped and charged theres a chance I can pick it up tonight. :)

Yay! :mrgreen:

Back