Poll? How would you rate Nissans handling of LEAF orders?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mgoleta

Would anyone else be interested in a poll. We need a Moderator to do this.
What is your impression of Nissan and their handling of the LEAF orders?
Scale from 1(my order is completely mucked up) to 10(everything went perfectly).

I do not know if this should be here or in the Owners thread.

sdbmania said:
Ehh, yeah, I think there's going to be a lot of 0s from people here.

I'd say 10 for me, but I've had a good experience so far.

Yes, I'd give them a 10 if I were you-- you ordered 4 1/2 months after I did and get the car weeks before me.. that is a 10. My experience is a 6, assuming the car comes when the current estimate says it will and the transaction goes smoothly.

I would go for about 9 for intentions, 7 for for foresight, and 5 for execution.

The task they chose was huge when Japan was intact, but is gigantic now. The minor variations is plans and estimations are expected, not unusual for a project like this, and not all their fault.

Indeed, with hindsight, I could have done my life better too!

sdbmania said:

Wow, you should give them a 100!! I'm looking at your sig and can't believe it, that's amazing really.

I'd give them a zero for maintaining an opaque system, running a "customer service" line that at best is unable to answer our questions and at worst gives conflicting answers from one call to the next, keeping us completely in the dark as to their methods, filling orders completely out of order, unexplained delays, and worst of all, partnering with criminal Aerovironment and remaining silent as AV quotes outrageous prices for an EVSE which serves no real purpose at all.

I am one of the lucky few
I would give them a 10 also.

that may be part of the reason for the forgotten
they are trying to make some people very happy

Mx5racer said:
I am one of the lucky few
I would give them a 10 also.

that may be part of the reason for the forgotten
they are trying to make some people very happy

Interesting theory. Nissan basically disregards a small sample, but earns more than enough brownie points from the first and latest deliveries to drown out the cries of those of us left in the lurch. Don't like it, but I can respect the true Machiavellian nature of such a strategy. After all, the louder we unfortunate few cry, the more we can be cast as malcontents.

Oh yeah - my rating for Nissan (at this point) would be -10 (minus ten, and no converting to absolute numbers by Nissan allowed)

LEAF VIN #320

I got lots of flack here for being regularly critical of Nissan on the followup to my/our ordering. The total lack of real feedback to when the car would arrive and never any real or believable (to me at least) information as to WHY there was such a delay (slow and careful rollout, sure and pigs fly).

Every call I have made and continue to make to "LEAF customer service" has been hopeless at best. There has been and continues to be no integration or timely updating to WHERE chargepoints exist, and I have discovered that Nissan is distributing GPS software in the LEAF that is at least 4 years out-of-date for my area of California. Complaints on this have fallen on totally deaf ears over 3-5 calls to "LEAF customer service."

Basically I would give my dealer a 10+ (North Bay Nissan, Petaluma), and I would give Nissan Corporation a

MINUS 10 (-10). My own frustration and disgust with Nissan Corporate is such that while this is my FIRST NISSAN EVER, it is likely my last Nissan ever too. Nissan is just not "getting it" that they have promised much and even after I actually got my car (and I consider myself one of the "lucky ones" on that), Nissan has been completely derelict in supporting the car.

We regularly get new cars every 2-3 years and have owned Acura, Audi, BMW, Chevrolet (VOLT, by the way), Honda,Infiniti, Lexus, Mazda, Toyota, and VW over the last 20 years; I have NEVER been so poorly treated by any of those as I have experienced with the LEAF. Currently we get monthly checkup calls from the Volt customer service enquiring IF we need anything relative to our Volt....

sdbmania and Mx5racer:

Reserved: 6/21/2010
RAQ: 1/25/2011
Order accepted: 1/25/2011
AV EVSE Install: 3/10/2011
Current Delivery Estimate: Week of April 7th

Silver SL
Reserved 7/18
Ordered Jan 28
DEL - month of April 2011 ?

Huh? WTF! :? :? :? :? :? :?

derkraut said:
sdbmania and Mx5racer:

Reserved: 6/21/2010
RAQ: 1/25/2011
Order accepted: 1/25/2011
AV EVSE Install: 3/10/2011
Current Delivery Estimate: Week of April 7th

Silver SL
Reserved 7/18
Ordered Jan 28
DEL - month of April 2011 ?

Huh? WTF! :? :? :? :? :? :?

New theory - Nissan is rewarding those that have engaged AV? (not really serious here, but I can no longer let my angst effect my day to the extent that it has been lately) :? :? :?

It would have to be 0 from me. Horrible communication, incompetent customer support, un-predictive delivery schedule. I am sure they know they are frustrating their customers, but looks like they don’t give a damn !!

Whey couldn’t it be Toyota that came out with this car.

trentr said:
sdbmania said:

Wow, you should give them a 100!! I'm looking at your sig and can't believe it, that's amazing really.

Yeah, I'm not sure why exactly I'm so lucky, maybe good karma?

I'm only about an hour away from Long Beach and LA, so I thought maybe that had something to do with it.

I think it would be overly simplistic to rate Nissan 1-10. For example; what if the poll asked "How badly do you want a Nissan LEAF on a scale of 1-10?", or "How soon do you want to purchase a Nissan LEAF, 10 being soonest?". I would bet the biggest gripers would also want Nissan's car today and desperately!

I am far less concerned about Nissan than the way that their business acquaintances (AV, Critical Mass, etc) seem to be trying to screw everything up. With friends like them who needs enemy's?!? People who know the story of VIN #202 know I would have room to gripe if I wanted. Sure, I have been frustrated but I never took an ax to Nissan over it. I just focused clearly on the facts of the problem and hammered away until it was solved. After all, I signed up for the order/delivery process and it took some work to complete. I wasn't drafted.

sdbmania said:
I'm only about an hour away from Long Beach and LA, so I thought maybe that had something to do with it.

Only about 20 minutes away from Long Beach myself. Proximity to port does not seem to be much of a factor (although, I do somewhat subscribe to notion that Nissan is trying at some level to spread out deliveries geographically).

Somebody mentioned Toyota and it reminded me that I was an early internet handraiser for the gen 1 Prius and although I don't remember the minute details I do remember that I got my car quickly and the whole process seemed smooth. I think one big difference was that Toyota didn't start the internet process until much closer to delivery. Think about how different all of our experience would have been if instead of 4/20/2010 initial reservations had started early November! The first customers would have gotten cars within weeks instead of months. One thing Nissan would have had to do is produce fewer different models. The Gen 1 Prius came only one way-- no options, just 5 color choices-- very easy for them to fulfill. Nissan would have been wise to only produce 2011's as SV+QC-- all the early adopters would have been more than willing to buy them that way and they could have started production BEFORE orders and been ready to fulfill quickly. This would make a good business school model for future study.

I'd say an 8 or 9 for me. I'd have liked more transparency, but I liked it much better than hassling with a dealer!

Back