Delivery of July/August 2011 orders (for MY 2012) Tier 2

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Congrat, once all is done can you write what was Port of Entry of your Leaf?

rnkepler said:
Wow, that was quick. Just got the call from the dealer. My car (and I think he said one other) just showed up on the truck. Should be picking it up tomorrow afternoon.

rnkepler said:
Wow, that was quick. Just got the call from the dealer. My car (and I think he said one other) just showed up on the truck. Should be picking it up tomorrow afternoon.
Cool - first MY12 Leaf ?!

evnow said:
rnkepler said:
Cool - first MY12 Leaf ?!

rnkepler -- didn't see any details in your sign' on what model, etc. what SN range are you getting (i.e., 15000's or 16000's ) up here for IL we're seeing 156xx and 152xx would assume something perhaps in the low 150xx range ? You could indeed be one of the first on the right coast.

Thanks guys. Its a 2012 white SL. VIN is actually in the high 150xs. I was probably one of the first people to start the order process and get a RAQ submitted once ordering opened for tier2 although there were at least 3 or 4 people here who were able to accept their RAQs from their dealer about a day before me.

Unfortunately I won't be getting the assessment done till Monday afternoon since Progress Energy dragged their feet on starting their EVSE program, but can't complain since I'll get the EVSE for free.

So I'm scheduled to pick it up at 4:30 tomorrow. Can't wait! :D

redLEAF said:
echinds said:
In Florida, reserved Sept 2011; Ordered and confirmed 7/29/11. Estimated delivery did say 'month of November'. Last week (Sunday I think), it changed to 'week of November 1st' (YES!) I have a VIN :D and Carwings enabled.

Charging station was installed Friday -- just waiting on my car! :)

Looks like FL may beat VA by a week for Tier 2 -- !! still no update for me other than 'month of Novemeber' :cry: , did beat the price increase on the Schneider EVSE and it will be up and running this Friday so come on Nissan let's see an update for IL owners as well !!

Just to keep the thread alive as I saw one other post from a FL 'early adopter' that they expect delivery November 10th but this other listed November 1st --- still have not seen ANY for October and as we're mid way through the second week of October would assume that these will be the earliest we'll see MY '12 cars coming in -- still nothing for IL deliveries other than 'month of November' as of this morning. Local Chicago suburban paper (Daily Herald) had a front page blurb on EV's coming on Monday (requires subscription so no link) -- featured the Volt which I thought wasn't quite here yet but they quoted two dealers who say that they have them, also mentioned the LEAF but was kind of a slight as no dealers were mentioned, but at least they said you could test drive one in Chicago! At least we're getting closer as these great fall days pass by (we've had some perfect days here in Chicago -- can't last long enough) -- any other Tier 2 delivery info updates ?[/quote]

FL still in the first week of November[/quote]

OK -- now it looks like NC will be the winner for a Tier 2 state delivered LEAF to a customer (yes I know that others had mentioned CA getting MY2012's but in the 16000 SN range) congrats 'rnkepler' by beating FL by the slimmest of margins an actual delivery expect in OCTOBER !!

Super cool to see these cars finally hitting the east coast

Get ready for reports of alien vehicles on the highway in NC!

Can't wait for next week!

Wonder where mine is at this point.?

Port? on a truck?

Koons Nissan of Falls Church Virginia just called, I'm going to pick up my 2012 Leaf tomorrow morning! It's a week and a half early! My dashboard listed my delivery date as the week of 11/7, about a week ago it changed to week of 11/8, which is what it still says. My VIN is #15041.

kmp647 said:
I am guessing you never got a 7 day email correct?

You will prob get it on Monday!

Yep, never got the 7 day email which makes I guess makes sense because my dashboard still says week of November 4th.

NevasWay said:
Koons Nissan of Falls Church Virginia just called, I'm going to pick up my 2012 Leaf tomorrow morning! It's a week and a half early! My dashboard listed my delivery date as the week of 11/7, about a week ago it changed to week of 11/8, which is what it still says. My VIN is #15041.

Hah, looks like VA will beat NC by a few hours !! LEAF's are invading the east coast; aliens indeed ! Let's see if any others show up as Friday, October 28th could be a busy day for Nissan dealer's

Yea! She's at home now while I try to figure out how everything works. The final assembly point was listed as Norfolk, so I'm assuming that was the entry port. The only real difference I've noticed on the 2012 from the 2011 dealer demo was the zero emission badging on the front doors (metal badges, not decals).

redLEAF said:
NevasWay said:

Hah, looks like VA will beat NC by a few hours !! LEAF's are invading the east coast; aliens indeed ! Let's see if any others show up as Friday, October 28th could be a busy day for Nissan dealer's

I picked up my beautiful new silver LEAF this morning :D The salesmen at Koons Nissan said I was the first one, but they received 3 LEAF's yesterday. I probably only beat the other two people by a few hours. They also told me that they've had a total of 17 ordered so far.

My final assembly point was Norfolk, I assume that was the port of entry as well.

The aliens are here!

Congrats everyone!

I was hoping to be in with you guys but I think my last minute move to order from our Salisbury md store instead of Fredericksburg va may slowed things up on the whole port to dealer trucking thing

Stil it could show tomorrow or Monday

It won't be more than a week and I will finally have my leaf!

Finally got a vin 15182 & week - December 9th.

Just glad they didn't lose me into next year!

Pleased to see everyone beginning deliveries on the East Coast as well.

Dave

The weather here in va is an ice snow storm to welcome the new Leaf drivers in the va area!

39 and 2-6 inches of snow!

Testing out those seat heaters and steering wheel heaters!

A baptism of fire! Or make that ice!

Back