Delivery of July/August 2011 orders (for MY 2012) Tier 2

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Weatherman said:
The way to know for sure is to check the 10th digit in the VIN, which corresponds to the model year. If it's a 2012, the 10th digit should be a 'C' (2011s are 'B').

And, it is true that the 2012s seem to be in the 15000s for their sequence number.

so probably should be 15084 if is 2012

A South Florida dealer is showing three 2012s in transit, all with sequence numbers in the 15000s:

#15108 – est. arrival November 4 (Miami location)
#15167 – est. arrival November 11 (Ft. Lauderdale location)
#15477 – est. arrival November 18 (Pembroke Pines location)

edited to add a few in other locations...

#15051 - Marietta, GA - 11/4/2011
#15111 - Marietta, GA - 11/4/2011
#15458 - Kendall, FL - 11/18/2011
#15562 - Tampa, FL - 11/18/2011

Weatherman said:
The way to know for sure is to check the 10th digit in the VIN, which corresponds to the model year. If it's a 2012, the 10th digit should be a 'C' (2011s are 'B').

And, it is true that the 2012s seem to be in the 15000s for their sequence number.

My 10th digit is "C". My serial should read 15084. My dealer is only a little over 100 miles from Jax so hopefully.......

So it looks like a lucky Florida Leafer will be the first to take delivery of a 2012

then NC and Md and Va will follow!

I am hoping mine gets here early !!!! :D

week of November 7th , maybe 1st week of November if I am lucky!
I am trying to get my dealership finance guy to figure out the leasing deal for me :|

I can only imagine how much they are putzing with the #s :twisted:

.....trying to stifle the anxiety of anticipation! ;)

I have a change in my dashboard this morning.....changed from week of November 1 to week of November 3. Hmmm

'MAJOR' dashboard change --- from 'month of November' to 'week of December 5'; have my VIN and initial setup of CARWINGS done; looks like a fair amount of IL LEAFS will show up before the end of 2011

I was originally assigned a delivery the week of November 9th.
Then it became the week of November 8th.

It is back to the week of November 9th as of Monday.

I have NOT yet received a VIN, and though the helpful customer support folks can look at my order and see that my car has been built, no VIN has been sent through the system. This is driving me crazy - has anyone ever heard of no VIN being assigned for a car that is built? I have been trying for a couple of weeks, and no action has happened (other than having them look up the order and tell me it is built). I begin to worry that the lack of VIN is a bad sign for the fit/finish/quality/robustness/workmanship of the car. Gack! :(

How are folks tracking the various vehicles that I see being sent to Florida and elsewhere?

I've been going to AutoNation's web side and retrieving their list of 2012 LEAFs. They show VINs and estimated delivery dates. Since AutoNation's member dealers are scattered around the country, it provides a pretty good view on where the 2012s are headed and in what sequence.

echinds said:
Another dashboard change --- from week of November 3rd to week of November 15th :( I should just quit looking at it. It'll get here when it gets here.

That's strange. I'm still holding at November 4th. Did you order any accessories?

rnkepler said:
echinds said:
Another dashboard change --- from week of November 3rd to week of November 15th :( I should just quit looking at it. It'll get here when it gets here.

That's strange. I'm still holding at November 4th. Did you order any accessories?

Not really -- just the car mats and trunk mat.

Wow, that was quick. Just got the call from the dealer. My car (and I think he said one other) just showed up on the truck. Should be picking it up tomorrow afternoon.

rnkepler said:
Wow, that was quick. Just got the call from the dealer. My car (and I think he said one other) just showed up on the truck. Should be picking it up tomorrow afternoon.

Congrats!

rnkepler said:
Wow! About to actually owning and driving a LEAF! A completely new concept. :) Looks like you might be getting one of the very first MY2012 cars.

My delivery date is still week of December 2, down from Month of November and week of December 1. I filled up my Prius yesterday. Maybe another two fill-ups if I am lucky.

Back