Anyone in Georgia?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Amtoro - That GA credit is really hard to get and it seems 2012 is close to being overbooked and you would get on the waiting list for 2013. Based on what I've read you need to take the credit in the year when the installation was completed, so I'm worried we wouldn't be able to get it from the state this year.

Let us know what you find out (as you're pretty good about these things) as I'm getting quotes for my solar panels as well.

I have not started to look at the applications for the credit, but once I get quotes and all, I will let you know. Thanks for the tip.

Even though I am still in NH. I will also be interested in this discussion as a hopefully future GA resident. :D

I added some solar and applied for the 2011 tax credit. I was denied in 2011 because all that years funds were already reserved. I got a letter approving me for a small portion in 2012, but that was for only 1/8th of what I applied for. Hopefully the rest will carry over to the 2013 tax year (which I'll see in Feb 2014).

cracovian said:
Amtoro - That GA credit is really hard to get and it seems 2012 is close to being overbooked and you would get on the waiting list for 2013. Based on what I've read you need to take the credit in the year when the installation was completed, so I'm worried we wouldn't be able to get it from the state this year.

Let us know what you find out (as you're pretty good about these things) as I'm getting quotes for my solar panels as well.

I have my paper work for the GA state tax credit for PV. The small print is the total amount of money authorized. Once that money is used up, no more people will qualify for the rebate. That is what happen to me in 2010. When I finished my 10kw system I found there was no money so no rebate. Then an amendment was signed into law allowing me to resubmit on 1 Jan 2011. Well I had my paperwork postmarked 1 Jan but there still wasn't enough money so it was pro rated. I did not get the max 10,500 (which was less than the 35%). But I got something I could apply 2011 taxes. Then Jan I received another form granting me the rest of the 10,500. I ended up getting 17.5% vice 35% as I hit the max of 10,500.

I installed a 10kW system because I had to add a 1864sq ft addition for my 90 year old mother. In the winter both main house and addition will use over 3100kWh for heating, in the summer that goes down to 2500kWh for cooling. (middle GA). My system produces an adv of 1300kWh month. which really helps.

My next investment will be geothermal heat pumps which they say will bring my heating down from 3000 to 1000kWh and cooling down from 2500kWh down to 1000kWh. That means I should not have any electric bills. I'm on Flint Electric. And yes the state has a tax credit for Geothermal heat pumps as well.

How all of this is going to work at tax time I'm not sure. I also have the 5,000 tax credit for the leaf so right now in hand I have approved forms for 15,500 tax credits for the state. I leased my Leaf as that was the only way to take advantage of the 7,500 federal tax credit.

I think I'm going to skip solar in the next couple of years... I got quotes and they're all quite high (the "deeply-discounted", work-sponsored company just quoted me even higher than others) and with the hassle and risk of (not) getting GA credits back before they expire in 2014, it's just not worth it to me. Sad but true.

cracovian said:
Wow, wow, we just came back from Midtown and my first spotted LEAFs (and a double-whammy too ;) )

What an awesome sight - anyone here claiming the other two?

leafk.jpg

I have been on MNL for a long while, but just found this thread. The blue one is mine.

I got my LEAF 1.2 software upgrade at Town Center today. One thing I noticed is that the NAV screen no longer tilts up a bit when the the car is started. I like the way it stays in place now but does anyone know if that's what happened as the result of the latest upgrade? Just trying to confirm...

dbassett said:
cracovian said:
Wow, wow, we just came back from Midtown and my first spotted LEAFs (and a double-whammy too ;) )

What an awesome sight - anyone here claiming the other two?

leafk.jpg

I have been on MNL for a long while, but just found this thread. The blue one is mine.

I'm glad you were able to find us! That's a good pic - no? Doesn't happen every day either...

We should meet in IKEA one day - we pretty much go there for breakfast every week (before heading off to Fernbank and other places.) I noticed you carry two car seats in comfort. I have three kids and the Britax for the smallest one took over the bench in the back :)

cracovian said:
I got my LEAF 1.2 software upgrade at Town Center today. One thing I noticed is that the NAV screen no longer tilts up a bit when the the car is started. I like the way it stays in place now but does anyone know if that's what happened as the result of the latest upgrade? Just trying to confirm...
Sort of. The angle is selectable. If you hold the tilt button it will cycle through 4 or 5 different angles. When they updated your car, it was reset to the most vertical setting.

Hope this doesn't happen to any of you. My new Leaf was rear ended for $4000 damage. I will post a pic if I can figure out how to do it

Waltpar71 said:
Hope this doesn't happen to any of you. My new Leaf was rear ended for $4000 damage. I will post a pic if I can figure out how to do it
:shock: Sorry to hear that! Hope the repairs go fast. Let us know!

I went to Atlantic Station today and then ended up in north Decatur checking out the charging station open on 2/22 at Walgreens and adding it to PlugShare. There are now three in ATL and they're quite unexpected since we were not mentioned in their expansion plans. I'm also using CarStations and that's where I first noticed them. It seems like Volt owners tend to use the latter app for some reason. While nice, this particular location sucks a bit since it's so close to the dealership but could be a decent place to top off on the way to Stone Mountain, for example. I hope they'll add more up north.

On the previous note of child seats, we fit three child sats across the back of our Leaf without problem. The key is to use the Sunshine Radian carseats. We fit two of them for our younger twins with a booster sat for our preschooler on the side.
In my former Acura TL, I used to be appalled with those who insisted they needed SUVs because they have one or two children; we put all three across the TL's rear. Now, with our much-loved Leaf, we put three across the back and blow past the gas guzzlers!

I'll post a photo of three across if anyone wants it; just let me know!

I just got my taxes done and the tax chick used form 8834 instead of the form 8936. She showed max credit of 2500 dollars. needless to say i am bit ticked and waiting on a call back, I was convinced the GA rebate was 5,000. not 2,500.

So now she is saying I got 7500 fed plus 2500 for charging station and 5k state , told her to check that out again.

Leaftogo1 said:
I just got my taxes done and the tax chick used form 8834 instead of the form 8936. She showed max credit of 2500 dollars. needless to say i am bit ticked and waiting on a call back, I was convinced the GA rebate was 5,000. not 2,500.

Leaftogo1 said:
So now she is saying I got 7500 fed plus 2500 for charging station and 5k state , told her to check that out again.
I am not sure that anyone got the EVSE credit and the fed credit at the same time. Most people got nailed by a temporary(?) minimum tax that meant you could get one or the other. Also, it is only 30% of installed cost, so $2500 is pretty high. And you need to have the GA application for credit signed by the DNR and attached to your hard-copy return for the GA credit.

I'd keep my eye one her!

The $2,500 credit is for commercial installation, not residential. The residential EVSE rebate is 30% of the installed cost.
This is why I do my own taxes.

tharcaps said:
The $2,500 credit is for commercial installation, not residential. The residential EVSE rebate is 30% of the installed cost.
This is why I do my own taxes.

I told her that but she insisted, so we shall see,

Back