Any Leafs delivered to Georgia yet?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bill - sorry to hear that! Glad you were able to get a Leaf tho - and hope you are enjoying it greatly!

bill said:
I'm glad you had a good experience at Regal but I had completely the opposite. Regal is literally right next to my house so I wanted to do business with them because it was so convenient but their prices were not even in the same ballpark as the other dealers I looked at. Sure they were super nice but they also wanted $6000 more over the lease term. They told me "This is as low as we can go" "Any lower and we be taking a loss". I showed them what other dealers were offering (3 different ones) and they told me to go to the other dealers so I did :)

I chalked it up to the area of town they're in. They know they can get their price so why go lower? I also noticed in December when most other dealers were sold out Regal still had Leafs on the lot. I ended up going to Athens Nissan because they were the only dealership left, other than Regal, with a red one. No haggling. I called them up, told them what I wanted and wanted to pay. Drove there and bought the car.

-Bill

I know right? One DCQC location on 75, south of Chattanooga, and we'd be able to hop up there almost any time!

Is there a map of the proposed locations anyone has seen?

chickp said:
I got mine at Team and had a very good experience there. Regal was not great for me either, and I got a much better deal at Team. Oh well, I'm sure there are good days and bad days.

Looking forward to those L3s in Buckhead and on the interstates! I have family in Knoxville and would love to L3 all the way up to their great Cracker Barrel network.

It seems the number of Leafs is really picking up in the Roswell Area. We'd normally see another Leaf once a week and it's of the blue persuasion but lately it's every other day. Just yesterday there were two red ones in front of us on Jones Bridge and a white one on 400 this morning.

I bought the car for my wife. She was reluctant at first but after I talked about it for 2 years she gave in. Now she's pretty psyched about it. Putting well over 1000 miles a month. She's always sending me txts "I saw a X Leaf" or "I waved but they didn't wave back :evil: ".
So if you see a small asian girl in a red leaf, make sure you wave back.

-Bill

bill said:

Bill - I wonder if I have seen you guys. We were in my silver Leaf a week or two ago in front of a Papa Johns on Lower Roswell Road, and in teh parking lot of the Papa Johns, there was an Asian woman in a red Leaf waving at us. We DID wave back! Now I wonder if, per chance, that was your wife!

If so...small world!

You guys have to drive over to Smyrna sometime. I've yet to see any Leafs here!

I did go through the drive-thru at Taco Bell today. The guy at the window looked at my car and asked if it was electric. I told him yeah. He said he'd love to have one, but it is out of his price range. Since it was a drive through, I didn't go into explaining that after rebates, it only cost me about $115 per month to drive it. This includes the $2K at signing.

How many Leafs are in the Atlanta area? And when's the meeting up??

bronsonb said:
bill said:

Bill - I wonder if I have seen you guys. We were in my silver Leaf a week or two ago in front of a Papa Johns on Lower Roswell Road, and in teh parking lot of the Papa Johns, there was an Asian woman in a red Leaf waving at us. We DID wave back! Now I wonder if, per chance, that was your wife!

If so...small world!

My husband drove my car to the Cooler in alpharetta and parked between two other Leafs! He did take a pic but I don't have it on my phone...two silver and one blue. Yay OTP! I will look for the red one, too. Haven't seen one yet, I don't think.

ev007 said:
How many Leafs are in the Atlanta area? And when's the meeting up??

The EV Club of the South meets once a month at Manuel's Tavern in Decatur! Come on by and get a good meal and listen to some great conversation about EVs in general. Lots of Leaves present...and Volts...and Teslas...and some other odd concoctions.

Check out more at http://evclubsouth.org/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

cracovian said:
bronsonb - Are you listed as Bronson K. on PlugShare by any chance?

I don't think so. I registered on Recargo. I don't think I registered on plugshare. I'll have to double check. But I know the only postings I've made about charging stations has been on Recargo.

bronsonb said:
The EV Club of the South meets once a month at Manuel's Tavern in Decatur! Come on by and get a good meal and listen to some great conversation about EVs in general. Lots of Leaves present...and Volts...and Teslas...and some other odd concoctions.

Check out more at http://evclubsouth.org/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
And Manuel's now has 4 Blink charging stations. :D http://www.recargo.com/sites/9024

Got my Leaf 2 days ago from Regal Nissan (per ev007 recommendation): 2013 SV Red with QC charge option. The sales person owns a Leaf and knows way more about the Leaf than I could digest, despite that I have been reading this forum extensively. I had planned to buy S with charge option, but none was in stock. I would have bought a base SV, but prefer the lighter interior of this one. Regal had 5 red Leaf and one silver that day, and red happened to be my favorite. But what made me decide to buy on the spot are the two things he mentioned in his first email: 1) I might qualify for VPP 2) GA TAVT tax will be in effect on March 1, adding almost $2000 upfront tax to any Leaf lease. The net cost per month of the 24mo lease is a lot less than my gas cost after the $5000 tax credit. Basically I am making money driving this fun car, or at least for free if I factor in insurance and annual ad valorem tax. The dashboard showed 3.2 miles/kwh when we got it (60 miles of harsh test drives), and it's gone up to 3.5 after one day.

I can live with L1 for now (only drive 20-50 miles weekdays) depending on kids' schedule. There is also a free Walgreen L2 charger 1.5 miles from my home. I would like to have L2 at home for weekend needs, and plan to buy the Schneider or Seimens unit (Too bad I just missed the free Blink offer). Can anyone recommend an electrician for installation in Atlanta area ? Our garage is directly above the basement utility room where the breaker box is (with enough space). Can anyone guess what a reasonable cost should be ?

img0231aig.jpg

img0227aw.jpg

Congratulations on your Leaf purchase, have you used the heat yet? If so what does the energy meter show for kw drain from the battery with the heater on?

Thanks in advance

Paul

leafxz said:
I can live with L1 for now (only drive 20-50 miles weekdays) depending on kids' schedule. There is also a free Walgreen L2 charger 1.5 miles from my home. I would like to have L2 at home for weekend needs, and plan to buy the Schneider or Seimens unit (Too bad I just missed the free Blink offer). Can anyone recommend an electrician for installation in Atlanta area ? Our garage is directly above the basement utility room where the breaker box is (with enough space). Can anyone guess what a reasonable cost should be ?

EcoTotality must have JUST run out of the chargers. I had a neighbor lease on a month or so ago, and he was able to get a free charger. I had a colleague from work lease over the weekend, but I haven't checked to see if she got the free charger or not.

As for install cost, I will say that I think the electricians EcoTotality was using, while doing a great job, were padding their costs a bit. If there is room in the circuit breaker (both from a physical space standpoint and an amperage space standpoint), AND the box is reasonably accessible (cuts down on labor charge to snake wire), I would think $400 or so to install might be legit. You need to figure out how much cable your electrician would need as I understand the cable is VERY expensive, so even a short run can cause the install cost to shoot up.

All that being said, Lightning Bug did my install, and I thought they did an EXCELLENT job. So much so that I would consider hiring them for other jobs. I did have the tech give me an estimate on having some other work done, and his estimate was spot on with one other I had received, so I think that when it's not the "free" work from EcoTotality, they are in the ball park. Give them a call. They certainly have experience installing the chargers.

Bigboler said:
Congratulations on your Leaf purchase, have you used the heat yet? If so what does the energy meter show for kw drain from the battery with the heater on?

Thanks in advance

Paul

I preheat in the morning and use heat on and off as needed. I don't know how to tell the effect of heating on kw drain though (I have yet to read the manual), as all I see is the average number. The meter itself changes all the time anyway, as I drive local.

Thanks for the info. I will start with Lightning Bug. I have seen another company mentioned on this forum but can't find it anymore.

Also can I trust regular licensed electrician for this job ?

The entire EcoTotality program ended Jan 30, just as 2013 Leaf rolled out.

bronsonb said:
leafxz said:

EcoTotality must have JUST run out of the chargers. I had a neighbor lease on a month or so ago, and he was able to get a free charger. I had a colleague from work lease over the weekend, but I haven't checked to see if she got the free charger or not.

As for install cost, I will say that I think the electricians EcoTotality was using, while doing a great job, were padding their costs a bit. If there is room in the circuit breaker (both from a physical space standpoint and an amperage space standpoint), AND the box is reasonably accessible (cuts down on labor charge to snake wire), I would think $400 or so to install might be legit. You need to figure out how much cable your electrician would need as I understand the cable is VERY expensive, so even a short run can cause the install cost to shoot up.

All that being said, Lightning Bug did my install, and I thought they did an EXCELLENT job. So much so that I would consider hiring them for other jobs. I did have the tech give me an estimate on having some other work done, and his estimate was spot on with one other I had received, so I think that when it's not the "free" work from EcoTotality, they are in the ball park. Give them a call. They certainly have experience installing the chargers.

leafxz said:
Also can I trust regular licensed electrician for this job ?

The entire EcoTotality program ended Jan 30, just as 2013 Leaf rolled out.

Thanks for the update on EcoTotality. I didn't realize how close I was to the end of the program but am glad I got the charger. And yes, I'd think any licensed electrician could do install the charger. It's roughly the equivalent of installing a new outlet for an electric dryer. There is a charge to mount the unit itself. Mine is a plug in Blink (versus hard wired). I'd go with a plug in whatever you choose. That way, if you move, you can easily take it with you.

bronsonb" Thanks for the update on EcoTotality. I didn't realize how close I was to the end of the program but am glad I got the charger. And yes said:
The plug in sounds good. Somehow I thought I read that it's not as safe ? The Seimen's unit Home Depot sells is a plug in. If it's essentially the same as dryer outlet, it'd be much less intimidating for regular electrician. Another big plus for me is that we have a cabin in N.Ga (~75 miles highway, or 62 miles local, but there are hills involved). I will not attempt this until I am more experienced with Leaf, but have thought about stopping at Woodstock or Alpharetta for an hour or so (lunch), and be pretty safe with the 6.6 kwh charger. A QC station along I75 or 400 would be even better. A portable L2 will be perfect for the cabin end. This all sounds so exciting.

leafxz said:
The plug in sounds good. Somehow I thought I read that it's not as safe ? The Seimen's unit Home Depot sells is a plug in. If it's essentially the same as dryer outlet, it'd be much less intimidating for regular electrician. Another big plus for me is that we have a cabin in N.Ga (~75 miles highway, or 62 miles local, but there are hills involved). I will not attempt this until I am more experienced with Leaf, but have thought about stopping at Woodstock or Alpharetta for an hour or so (lunch), and be pretty safe with the 6.6 kwh charger. A QC station along I75 or 400 would be even better. A portable L2 will be perfect for the cabin end. This all sounds so exciting.

Hmmmm... I haven't heard anything about the plug in being unsafe. I'd say it's as safe as a plug in dryer. You have roughly the same amperage on the circuit. The outlet for mine is a couple of feet off the floor, so it's safe from any stray items that might get knocked around in the garage, and we've not had a single problem with it.

I do know that the base of the unit is attached to the wall, so the Blink is not something I can easily unhook and take with me for travel purposes. But if we were to move, I like the option of more easily taking it with me (versus a hard wired unit).

I know they have a way you can upgrade the L1 charger to be an L1/L2 by essentially modifying the plug and the computer chip inside the brick. Then there's an adapter you get that allows you to use it with a regular household outlet, and you pull the adapter off to plug it into a dryer outlet. So that's another option over the charging unit.

Congrats and good luck!

Also - I would think 62 miles one way, in Eco mode, with limited use of the heater would be do-able from a full charge. Just my $.02 worth ;)

I just mapped alpharetta to Woodstock to ellijay, as we are going to my friend's cabin in a few weeks. It is do-able with a stop in Woodstock for sure. The app called Leaf Energy is awesome for predicting how many bars you need to get from place to place! I just discovered it. There are two or three chargers in downtown Woodstock, I think.

I got one of the last Blink chargers according to the install guy. They put it in on Feb 1. Also, it has a plug...hadn't heard anything about it being unsafe unless you do crazy mods by yourself. It seemed very straightforward so I'm sure a regular LE could do it.

Back