Unable to change dealership

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

azdre

Just sharing or hoping folks have had a similar experience and might know someone with a solution. I requested a quote from one dealership, wasn't too impressed with the sales guy, found a better one and returned the quote so I can pick a different dealer. Well, 40 hours after returning the quote, I still have no way changing my dealer. I changed the preferred dealer in the 'find a dealer' section', but nothing changed on the order page. At first I was told it would activate 24 hours after the returned quote, then I was told to wait a full business day. Now I've done both and I still sit here order-less.

Let's hope the cars are tested more than this website was!!!

I'm trying to be patient. The GM at the dealer assures me that they won't give away my allocated car until they get this stuff worked out, but I'm having a hard time believing anything I am hearing.

When you say you "returned" the quote, do you mean you declined to accept it? I have not been able to order yet so I don't know what the screens look like, but if I was going to refuse an offer from a dealer, I would not describe that as "returning" the quote. I'd probably say I "refused" or "declined" the quote.

BTW, the dealer does not own your allocation until you accept a quote. The whole point of this method of ordering is that the allocation belongs to the buyer, not the dealer. Have you called the customer service line?

Yes, I've called customer service twice, tweeted, and FBd Nissan Leaf, sounds like it's been escalated. The site technically says 'Rework this quote'. Those are the only two options, accept or rework.

By 'they', I meant Nissan has assured them they won't give away my allocation.

azdre said:
Just sharing or hoping folks have had a similar experience and might know someone with a solution. I requested a quote from one dealership, wasn't too impressed with the sales guy, found a better one and returned the quote so I can pick a different dealer. Well, 40 hours after returning the quote, I still have no way changing my dealer. I changed the preferred dealer in the 'find a dealer' section', but nothing changed on the order page.
I am in the same boat. I called Nissan yesterday morning and was told that my situation was being pushed up to be fixed. I called later in the day and was told it can take "48 hours" to get fixed. At this point I have no solution except to wait and hope.

In the mean time, call another dealer and get a deal arranged
that you will accept when you can RFQ the new dealer.

It is best to talk to, and arrange a firm deal that you can accept,
with the dealer you first choose to RFQ.

Then, the process will be a lot easier, without running into the
bug of not having a "Reject" option to get rid of an unacceptable quote.

garygid said:
In the mean time, call another dealer and get a deal arranged
that you will accept when you can RFQ the new dealer.

It is best to talk to, and arrange a firm deal that you can accept,
with the dealer you first choose to RFQ.

Then, the process will be a lot easier, without running into the
bug of not having a "Reject" option to get rid of an unacceptable quote.

X2. We've proceed a fair number of orders already, and they've all been pre negotiated. The quote sent is just a confirmation of the verbal agreement. Much much easier that way.

I won't be much help, but misery loves company. I have the same problem. I rejected the offer yesteday. When I tried to resubmit the RAQ to a different dealer, discovered I could not change it, called Nissan, said it will be fixed in 24 hours. 24 hours later, still does not work, called again. Today they told me a button is missing from the website (a "change dealer in the lower left were the dealer info is at). I was told it had to be escalated to a supervisor and I would hear back next Tuesday or Wednesday.

Too late for me, but BrendanDolan has the best advise, pre negociate person-to-person, then send in the RAQ on the website.

Long4Leaf said:
Today they told me a button is missing from the website (a "change dealer in the lower left were the dealer info is at). I was told it had to be escalated to a supervisor and I would hear back next Tuesday or Wednesday.

Is it missing for you - or to everyone ?

evnow said:
Long4Leaf said:
Today they told me a button is missing from the website (a "change dealer in the lower left were the dealer info is at). I was told it had to be escalated to a supervisor and I would hear back next Tuesday or Wednesday.

Is it missing for you - or to everyone ?

I do not know, and I did not specifically ask that question to Nissan. My impression is it is a website bug affecting everyone.

Another bug. Why am I not surprised? Oh, because this whole thing has been bollixed up from first to last. -- The web site is certainly not the place to do the negotiating. I think I'll phone my dealer tomorrow and ask him what my quote will be, and if I have any questions, work those out before I have to go on line to place my order.

daniel said:
Another bug. Why am I not surprised? Oh, because this whole thing has been bollixed up from first to last. -- The web site is certainly not the place to do the negotiating. I think I'll phone my dealer tomorrow and ask him what my quote will be, and if I have any questions, work those out before I have to go on line to place my order.

Definitely. Website is to just confirm the price & place the order.

Good to know I'm not the only one. Someone who mans the Nissan North America Facebook page got in touch with me yesterday in reply to a post I made on the Leaf FB page. I was able to send some screen shots, but as of late afternoon yesterday, they were still telling me that I pushed the wrong button. Very disappointed in this so far.

I do have a price ready for me at another dealership, doing that is only going to be good for anyone only if they get their preferred dealer changed well in advance of getting an opening to place an order.

One positive is that everyone at Nissan, even the place where I'm trying to change from has been really nice, just not really knowledgeable yet. I hope all of the folks in later waves appreciate the hell that is my Nissan experience right now. I'm trying to see if the old dealer will just match what the new dealer is offering so I can get this over with.

azdre said:
Good to know I'm not the only one. Someone who mans the Nissan North America Facebook page got in touch with me yesterday in reply to a post I made on the Leaf FB page. I was able to send some screen shots, but as of late afternoon yesterday, they were still telling me that I pushed the wrong button. Very disappointed in this so far.

I do have a price ready for me at another dealership, doing that is only going to be good for anyone only if they get their preferred dealer changed well in advance of getting an opening to place an order.

One positive is that everyone at Nissan, even the place where I'm trying to change from has been really nice, just not really knowledgeable yet. I hope all of the folks in later waves appreciate the hell that is my Nissan experience right now. I'm trying to see if the old dealer will just match what the new dealer is offering so I can get this over with.

azdre, I'm assuming you're in AZ? Welcome to the forum! We're doing a group buy...there's at least 6 of us at this time. We would be happy to have you join us, if you haven't ordered already. Please PM me for the details. Thanks!

daniel said:
You're exactly right in your line-of-thinking Daniel. I've processed at-least 3 orders while on the phone with the customer in 'real-time', through me submitting the quote on all agreed prices, to them receiving it, to them accepting and me confirming that my Dealer Dashboard shows their order is then in que with ETA pending. Happy customer, happy me! It's that simple. It's the best way to do it, period.

leaffan said:
Good to know I'm not the only one...

you're definitely not alone. On Aug 31, I declined the original dealer's quote (well, no "decline offer" button though, Live Chat rep said I had to choose the "rework" option in order to be able to do a 2nd request) and since there was also no "new dealer" button available to me, I just changed my "preferred dealer". It is now Sept 4th, and the dealer associated with my "request a quote" has not updated to my new preferred dealer. I have contacted Nissan Live Chat each day to report the problem, and I'm consistently told the same message: "All you can do is keep checking the website to see if your preferred dealer changes to the one you have selected or wait 3-5 business days for someone to contact you about the escalation I am putting in for you."

earther said:
leaffan said:
Good to know I'm not the only one...

you're definitely not alone. On Aug 31, I declined the original dealer's quote (well, no "decline offer" button though, Live Chat rep said I had to choose the "rework" option in order to be able to do a 2nd request) and since there was also no "new dealer" button available to me, I just changed my "preferred dealer". It is now Sept 4th, and the dealer associated with my "request a quote" has not updated to my new preferred dealer. I have contacted Nissan Live Chat each day to report the problem, and I'm consistently told the same message: "All you can do is keep checking the website to see if your preferred dealer changes to the one you have selected or wait 3-5 business days for someone to contact you about the escalation I am putting in for you."

Does the original dealer you sent the RAQ to have to change the preferred dealer? I hope not, they have no motivation to make that change and maybe that is why we are all still sitting here waiting for an "escalation" to get this fixed.

Getting the first dealer to accept the same offer is very likely, but I do not want to reward bad behavior and give my business to the dealer that was first willing to make the offer I want to accept.

Back