Who's trying to kill the electric car now?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
6050946528_3fcd113dc0_z.jpg

Is this thread about efforts to kill the electric car, or is it merely a place for political name-calling?

FWIW, I intend to vote for a Republican in 2012. That doesn't mean I'm 100% happy with any of the prospective nominees, as I don't tend to agree with their positions on energy and the environment. But those aren't the only issues I care out.

Random spelling and grammatical errors
are added to my posts for your entertainment. :twisted:

thankyouOB said:
GaslessInSeattle said:
I hate to be a party pooper, but in other forums I've been in, it's been forbidden in the TOS to post a heavily politically charged thing like this. As funny as it is to some people, it often quickly becomes emotionally polarized and detracts from the primary purpose of the forum. I would like to think the Leaf could appeal to folks on both sides of the isle and hopefully everyone is welcome here.
g

aisle.

at least you spelled pooper right.

I hate to say it, being my first post on here, but it was this type of behavior that caused me to stop participating on Priuschat.Too many people use these CAR forums to spew political and/or religious hatred, instead of staying on topic. Being told to "grow a thicker skin" or "just delete/unsubscribe" isn't a mature answer either.

keydiver said:
I hate to say it, being my first post on here, but it was this type of behavior that caused me to stop participating on Priuschat.Too many people use these CAR forums to spew political and/or religious hatred, instead of staying on topic. Being told to "grow a thicker skin" or "just delete/unsubscribe" isn't a mature answer either.
I don't think censoring or completely avoiding political and religious speech is the answer, however. Sometimes politics and religion are relevant to the topic at hand. But I very much agree that "hate" and name-calling accomplish little; they lead only to further polarization.

What we have to remember is that a great many people of all worldviews and political persuasions want good for our country and humanity. We just have different ideas and philosophies as to which approaches are best. We should always remain civil while arguing the merits of each approach. At least on this forum, we happen to be united in support of EVs.

The crazy thing about the above chart is that starting with a surplus and roaring economy, Bush lost 18 million jobs AND destroyed the economy to boot. How the heck do you manage to do that??? As a percentage, Bush created 77% of the current debt and the remaining 23% was needed to try and unwind all the damage of his 8 yr presidency. It's not politics, its math.

keydiver said:

I agree. - Just use the ! on the post to flag it. And welcome to MNL where 99 percent of the posts are NOT like this thread. This thread sadly shows how far from civil discourse the freedom of internet speech or spew has taken us. Thanks for speaking up and saying what most of us are thinking.

I think it might be more important to simply observe that this particular "car" topic ALWAYS spins up into a political storm instead. Therefore, "political extreemism" is actually the answer to the OP's original question. Not sure why this is the case. I guess you would have to ask those trying to do the "killing".

Back