$11,000 Total Savings on all Leafs in stock - Fontana Nissan

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
theaveng said:
I decided to buy another 2-seat Honda Insight. The Leaf battery issues concerns me too much to spend so much money. Even though I was driving the insight at 75 miles an hour, it still averaged at amazing 60mpg. I'm not aware of any car that can get such amazing fuel economy at that high speed. Not Prius or Chevy volt or the leaf.
Um, not to go off topic but how can the Insight get better gas mileage than the LEAF which uses no gas?

Same question, if I lease in CA and ship the car, do I still get the GA tax credit? (I live in Atlanta)
Thank you for PM me the info as well.

Are you taking in LEAF trade-ins for your new LEAF lease deals? Just curious how all that would shake out.

The Southern California folks are lucky to have your dealership close at hand. Around here LEAFs are marked up over MSRP.

dgpcolorado said:
Are you taking in LEAF trade-ins for your new LEAF lease deals? Just curious how all that would shake out.

The Southern California folks are lucky to have your dealership close at hand. Around here LEAFs are marked up over MSRP.

Give it a little time, I think the folks close by your area might start discounting them. We haven't had anyone trade-in their Leafs but we will take it.

What about the special $4500 California incentive from Nissan going on this month? That would make $12k off the price??

I can't get them to budge below $311/month on a 36 month lease here in Georgia. What are they doing out in California?

ztanos said:
I can't get them to budge below $311/month on a 36 month lease here in Georgia. What are they doing out in California?

Below directly from nissanusa.com Lease: $199/mo 36mo/36k $1999 initial payment

Excludes taxes, title, and license. $1,999 initial payment required at consummation. (Includes $1,800 consumer down payment, $199 first month payment.) (INCLUDES $9,425 manufacturer's rebate applied to $199 MONTH lease. Offer valid only when financed through Nissan Motor Acceptance Corporation.) Subject to residency restriction. Varies by Nissan Region.

2012 LEAF SV Lease model 17112 subject to availability to well-qualified lessees through Nissan-Infiniti LT. $36,050 MSRP incl. destination charge. Net capitalized cost of $24,427 includes a $595 non-refundable acquisition fee. Dealer contribution may affect actual price set by dealer. Monthly payments total $7,164 At lease end, purchase for $17,304, plus purchase option fee up to $300 (except KS & WI), plus tax, or pay excess wear & use plus $0.15 per mile for mileage over 12,000 miles per year. Lessee is responsible for maintenance and repairs. A disposition fee is due at termination of lease term. No security deposit required. See participating dealer for details. Offer ends 10/31/2012.

http://www.nissanusa.com/buildyournissan/variant/index?controller=zipcode&modelLineCode=LEF&next=ev_micro.pfa.zero.build.button&action=index&skin=leaf&globalModelLineName=leaf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Capt601 said:
What about the special $4500 California incentive from Nissan going on this month? That would make $12k off the price??

How can you confirm that the Nissan California bonus dealer cash is $4500?

It seems that Madison WI bonus dealer cash is $3500 and Chicago market is $4500.

jon said:
ztanos said:

Excludes taxes, title, and license. $1,999 initial payment required at consummation. (Includes $1,800 consumer down payment, $199 first month payment.) (INCLUDES $9,425 manufacturer's rebate applied to $199 MONTH lease. Offer valid only when financed through Nissan Motor Acceptance Corporation.) Subject to residency restriction. Varies by Nissan Region.

2012 LEAF SV Lease model 17112 subject to availability to well-qualified lessees through Nissan-Infiniti LT. $36,050 MSRP incl. destination charge. Net capitalized cost of $24,427 includes a $595 non-refundable acquisition fee. Dealer contribution may affect actual price set by dealer. Monthly payments total $7,164 At lease end, purchase for $17,304, plus purchase option fee up to $300 (except KS & WI), plus tax, or pay excess wear & use plus $0.15 per mile for mileage over 12,000 miles per year. Lessee is responsible for maintenance and repairs. A disposition fee is due at termination of lease term. No security deposit required. See participating dealer for details. Offer ends 10/31/2012.

http://www.nissanusa.com/buildyournissan/variant/index?controller=zipcode&modelLineCode=LEF&next=ev_micro.pfa.zero.build.button&action=index&skin=leaf&globalModelLineName=leaf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Thanks Jon! This is Nissan's lease special for an SV model.

Capt601 said:
No. Nissan keeps the U.S. and CA tax credits for themselves (since they are the owners). The savings are then passed to the customer in lower lease rates.

Tax credits, rebates, and incentives are three completely different things. And Nissan does not, in fact, keep the California rebate; it goes directly to the buyer, be it lease or purchase.

theaveng said:
No. Nissan keeps the U.S. and CA tax credits for themselves (since they are the owners).

Ahhhh..... so if I lease a leaf California lets me subtract $4500 off my 2012 taxes? Fontana Nissan doesn't keep it? Cool. (Still the U.S. credit goes to the Nissan company.)

theaveng said:
Ahhhh..... so if I lease a leaf California lets me subtract $4500 off my 2012 taxes? Fontana Nissan doesn't keep it? Cool. (Still the U.S. credit goes to the Nissan company.)
No, the $4500 is a Nissan incentive that comes off the price of the car. Nissan (the leasing part) gets the federal $7500 tax credit, but they give it to you up front as a cap cost reduction on the lease. The $2500 rebate from ARB comes direct to you as a check, later. The upshot is that the consumer gets all of the benefits.

jon said:
ztanos said:

Should have clarified that I meant the SL.

Back