Any Leafs delivered to Georgia yet?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
For ATL-based Leafers, there are some specials being run for home charging stations. The prices appear to be as low as $595 for an L2 charger. You can get more information at these two sites:

http://www.metroplugin.com/shop/clippercreek-lcs-25/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

http://stores.intuitwebsites.com/ClipperCreekInc/-strse-Limited-time-offers/Categories.bok" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Note - I get NOTHING from this...just posting this as something that might be helpful for folks who have acquired a Leaf but can no longer get a free charger from EcoTotality. I know nothing of these companies, but the links were forwarded to me from the EV Club of the South.

chickp said:
I just mapped alpharetta to Woodstock to ellijay, as we are going to my friend's cabin in a few weeks. It is do-able with a stop in Woodstock for sure. The app called Leaf Energy is awesome for predicting how many bars you need to get from place to place! I just discovered it. There are two or three chargers in downtown Woodstock, I think.

I got one of the last Blink chargers according to the install guy. They put it in on Feb 1. Also, it has a plug...hadn't heard anything about it being unsafe unless you do crazy mods by yourself. It seemed very straightforward so I'm sure a regular LE could do it.

Thanks for recommending the Leaf Energy app. It is indeed really cool. No wonder it gets 5 stars while Nissan's Leaf app only gets 3.

bronsonb said:
For ATL-based Leafers, there are some specials being run for home charging stations. The prices appear to be as low as $595 for an L2 charger. You can get more information at these two sites:

http://www.metroplugin.com/shop/clippercreek-lcs-25/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

http://stores.intuitwebsites.com/ClipperCreekInc/-strse-Limited-time-offers/Categories.bok" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Note - I get NOTHING from this...just posting this as something that might be helpful for folks who have acquired a Leaf but can no longer get a free charger from EcoTotality. I know nothing of these companies, but the links were forwarded to me from the EV Club of the South.

Thanks but unfortunately this charger only has up to 25 amp so you can't take full advantage of the new 6.6 kw charger of 2013

I'm the new 2013 silver SL on the eastside of Athens, GA. I'm able to trickle charge with no issues so far. What a great car and worth the wait for the new model year!

I was curious to know if driving from Athens on Hwy 316 at a reasonable speed like 55 to 60 mph would it be possible to make it to Gwinnett Place Nissan to recharge? Or how about any of the chargers at the Walgreens off Hwy 316 in Gwinnett?

Thanks

mar22013 said:
I'm the new 2013 silver SL on the eastside of Athens, GA. I'm able to trickle charge with no issues so far. What a great car and worth the wait for the new model year!

I was curious to know if driving from Athens on Hwy 316 at a reasonable speed like 55 to 60 mph would it be possible to make it to Gwinnett Place Nissan to recharge? Or how about any of the chargers at the Walgreens off Hwy 316 in Gwinnett?

Thanks
My house is a couple miles west of the Walgreens on GA20 north of 316 I was able to make a round-trip :) to UGA once, but I went through Winder and Bogart and rarely went above 55. You should be able to go a bit faster if you are charging. There are lots of stations in Gwinnett besides Nissan and Walgreens. the Recargo app often has current info; you might be able to find an EVSE close to where you are going. I envy your faster charger!

That is great to know. I have done some searching in the other forum areas regarding Carwings but still haven't found the answer to the following questions:

I'm wondering how to get Carwings to see and place those Walgreens charging stations on my map. I usually find good info on PlugShare.com but am not sure Carwings has the same info. It is picking up just Nissan dealerships for the most part, but not the charging stations in eastern Gwinnett County GA.

Secondly, my graphs on the computer for driving habits, electricty used are missing the last couple days of data. Do I need to push that signal out of the car or can I pull it remotely from the computer?

I don't think there's a way to mass load those chargers into Carwings short of Nissan's own update but every time you plug in the new location, the station will be remembered in your LEAF. My problem is that the car "thought" I was charging in some random places for some reason and I now have weird listings that I'd like to delete but I'm not sure how.

I am the red leaf on the eastside of Athens (delivery 1 Mar). Hello mar2013! Who is the beautiful white leaf traveling Old Lexington regularly? I was out front working on moving my mail box yesterday near noon when you came by. Hi. :D

Went from Athens eastside to Monroe westside and back on Fri (doc apt). Easy trip 30mi each way. Stopped at Walgreens in Monroe. Had to wait for ICE blocking charger (funny - only car in the row of empty spaces - possibly the only space when she drove in, though). I basically stopped to see how the charger worked there. Charger worked great. Shopped for a few incidentals in store while charging. Asked for manager to thank him. He was not available, but clerk took "thank you" message. She said disturbing things: "Yeah, you are one of the few to use it. We got a government grant to put it in. Will probably take it out when the grant runs out." I told her that I plug into a regular socket at home. She was amazed. "Well, how much does your power bill go up?" I told her about $12. She was taken aback. I think folks are being lied to about how much power the EV's are "grabbing". Spread the real word.

tstaton said:
Went from Athens eastside to Monroe westside and back on Fri (doc apt). Easy trip 30mi each way. Stopped at Walgreens in Monroe. Had to wait for ICE blocking charger (funny - only car in the row of empty spaces - possibly the only space when she drove in, though). I basically stopped to see how the charger worked there. Charger worked great. Shopped for a few incidentals in store while charging. Asked for manager to thank him. He was not available, but clerk took "thank you" message. She said disturbing things: "Yeah, you are one of the few to use it. We got a government grant to put it in. Will probably take it out when the grant runs out." I told her that I plug into a regular socket at home. She was amazed. "Well, how much does your power bill go up?" I told her about $12. She was taken aback. I think folks are being lied to about how much power the EV's are "grabbing". Spread the real word.

No one lies to anyone - People just lie to themselves and feel comfortable being ignorant and not challenged to think beyond their basic needs and urges... Also, if you drive 15K miles/year then with the ~4 mile/kW efficiency and our 10 cent/kW average rate, the monthly electric bill goes up by $31.25 - not much but it's more realistic unless you include those "free" public chargers which should not be part of the equation yet.

To me the real difference is that we use 100% domestic energy (and overall cleaner, especially in GA) no matter how much it costs. Our LEAFs are 25% nuke-powered :)

I agree.

Mine is made in Tennessee. Electrons flow from natural gas from Mississippi & Louisiana. Driven in Georgia.

Kind of a SEC car !

I bought it for these 3 reasons:
Its Thrifty
Energy Independence
Energy Security

But I'm stunned by how much my expectations have been exceeded. The Leaf if a blast to drive, quiet, fast, roomy, smartly built, lots of extras, plenty of range for my daily activities, and much cheaper to drive than the 2000 Corolla with which I was scaring my family with my hypermiling techniques!

cracovian said:
tstaton said:

No one lies to anyone - People just lie to themselves and feel comfortable being ignorant and not challenged to think beyond their basic needs and urges... Also, if you drive 15K miles/year then with the ~4 mile/kW efficiency and our 10 cent/kW average rate, the monthly electric bill goes up by $31.25 - not much but it's more realistic unless you include those "free" public chargers which should not be part of the equation yet.

To me the real difference is that we use 100% domestic energy (and overall cleaner, especially in GA) no matter how much it costs. Our LEAFs are 25% nuke-powered :)

Crocavain is correct on his figures for HIS/HER yearly mileage. I drive less and my experience at Walgreens is my only attempt at "public free" charging. He is mistaken if he believes the "no one lies to anyone". I personally believe there are people who feel that they have much to loose if people stop the gasoline scene. I see solar generators for my source soon (everyone needs a project) :D

FWIW....I received my $5,000 tax refund from the state of Georgia already, took about 2-3 weeks from filing to receiving.

gergg said:
FWIW....I received my $5,000 tax refund from the state of Georgia already, took about 2-3 weeks from filing to receiving.

My experience was similar. Mailed state return in late Feb and received refund last Friday. A guy from the EV Club of the South told me his refund took 5-6 months last year. Guess they got the EV credit kinks worked out.

bronsonb said:
gergg said:

My experience was similar. Mailed state return in late Feb and received refund last Friday. A guy from the EV Club of the South told me his refund took 5-6 months last year. Guess they got the EV credit kinks worked out.

Could have been me. I was in the 5-6 month crowd last year. I thought that was par for the course in GA on paper filings. Did you have to file hard copies?

Could have been me. I was in the 5-6 month crowd last year. I thought that was par for the course in GA on paper filings. Did you have to file hard copies?
Yes, I filed hard copies.

gerrg said:

Yep - filed hard copies as well. Mailed them in return receipt. Don't know if that helped, but the return was showing as logged into the GA system within a week of me mailing it. Two years ago when I mailed the return, they didn't even RECEIVE it for five months.

tstaton said:
In the WILD - beautiful red 2012? Athens on Milledge Ave headed north on 2 Apr Oconee plates - Great!

My kids have become quite adept at Lead spotting. We now have about six confirmed sightings in East Cobb of Leaves that are NOT owned by folks we already know. Three of us have 2012 silver SLs, and I've seen the following in and around my neighborhood:

- Red 2012 SL - belongs to the parents of a kid who works at Papa Johns...owners are quite friendly and wave whenever I see them
- White one...don't know the year... passed it on Johnson Ferry Road
- White one with the "Zero Emission" badging on the rocker panels. Driver and I flashed lights at each other, and I saw what I think was the same car charging at Whole Foods later in the week
- Blue one
- Black one
- Another Blue one

Although I am not certain the two blues weren't the same car, there were driven by different folks.

In a funny aside, I had parked at Whole Foods to charge up for a few hours, and I got a message saying my car had been unplugged. Just figured someone else needed the charger as I had left the "feel free to unplug" note on the dash. I get back to the car, and there's a note addressed to "Fellow Leaf Lover." The note stated that owner thought MY car was HERS (she also had a silver SL), and she unplugged it and closed the latch before realizing it WASN'T her car.

By then, she couldn't plug it back in. Funny that should happen with so few Leaves on the road.

Then I get an e-mail an hour or so later, and it turns out the person who unplugged me is my neighbor/friend from Boy Scouts who has the same color SL as I do. She wrote to ask if I was the one she unplugged. I think the "Kid Chess" magnet on the back and the East Side Baseball cap gave me away. Small world.

Latest posts

Back