Any Leafs delivered to Georgia yet?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Beautiful white 2012 parked next to us at Kroger eastside. Turns out to be drive by our friend Caren from Janette Rankin with my wife. In the wild! Yea!
She has had it for over a year and loves it!!

bronsonb said:
I think the "Kid Chess" magnet on the back and the East Side Baseball cap gave me away. Small world.

I have the red SL with Kid Chess magnet and charging a few times a week at Whole Foods in East Cobb - don't be unplugging mine now! :p

cracovian said:
bronsonb said:
I think the "Kid Chess" magnet on the back and the East Side Baseball cap gave me away. Small world.

I have the red SL with Kid Chess magnet and charging a few times a week at Whole Foods in East Cobb - don't be unplugging mine now! :p

Are the ones with the teenager working at Papa Johns? I promise I won't unplug you at Whole Foods. I've never unplugged ANYONE :).

Big trip yesterday. I went from Athens to Tucker stopping at the Clayton St. Walgreens in Lawrenceville for 30 minutes (15 mile power up) on the way.

I then trickle charged for 6 hours at friend's house, and stopped for 30 minutes at the Pleasant Hill Walgreens for another 15 mile power up before continuing home to Athens. 136 miles round trip. I cruised at 55 mph out of an abundance of caution/frugality even though the speed limit was usually 65. I pulled into the garage with 11 miles left on the battery !

I now love Walgreens... Wish they had charging stations closer to home (Athens).

mar22013 said:
Big trip yesterday. I went from Athens to Tucker stopping at the Clayton St. Walgreens in Lawrenceville for 30 minutes (15 mile power up) on the way.
I'm very envious of adding 15 miles in 30 minutes. Walgreens doesn't make as much sense when you charge at half the speed. I hope you can get someone in Athens to install some stations. Happy Trails!

Is it possible to get your Georgia State Electric Vehicle tax credit sooner than waiting until next year's income tax time? (I bought it March 2013).

I tried to do this by increasing the allowance on GA tax withholding on G-4 form (in order to reduce state tax withholding). However, even using the maximum allowance (13) allowed without requiring GA Depart. of Rev approval, only ~$800 is reduced per year. It would be great if there is another way to do it.
mar22013 said:
Is it possible to get your Georgia State Electric Vehicle tax credit sooner than waiting until next year's income tax time? (I bought it March 2013).

bronsonb said:
cracovian said:
bronsonb said:

Are the ones with the teenager working at Papa Johns? I promise I won't unplug you at Whole Foods. I've never unplugged ANYONE :).

No, it's not us - my three kids are still little :)

Our church building burned in Athens Ga this week. A kind church across town offered their extra space for our Sunday service. We were asked to park next door at the empty Georgia Power parking lot. I did - Lo and behold - a level 2 charger with marked space - free. I top it back to 80 percent. Thanks so much, GA pwr - in so many ways - for providing overflow parking for our host church and for power.

tstaton said:
Our church building burned in Athens Ga this week. A kind church across town offered their extra space for our Sunday service. We were asked to park next door at the empty Georgia Power parking lot. I did - Lo and behold - a level 2 charger with marked space - free. I top it back to 80 percent. Thanks so much, GA pwr - in so many ways - for providing overflow parking for our host church and for power.
I'm sorry about your church and I hope you are fixed up soon. Would you mind adding the charging station to recargo.com or plugshare.com? There are so few places to charge in Athens. Thanks!

tstaton said:

Out of curiosity, was that the GA Power building off of Prince Street? If so, I know the folks who just bought the white stucco home next door and are renovating it.

Congrats!

I just got a new black SL a couple weeks ago and am loving it so far. I'm in the Kennesaw area and commute to downtown Atlanta. I've charged at the Walgreens off of Wade Green a couple of times after dropping/picking up a prescription.

I installed the GE WattStation in my garage and absolutely love it. I liked the design of the GE better than the Siemens or other units. Kinda strikes me as a retro gas station look, but with a completely modern twist to it. I had it delivered via Amazon Prime next day shipping for $3.99 the day I signed the lease and installed it a couple days later.

I also filed a modified G-4 tax form with my employer, claiming 23 or 24 exemptions to get my GA tax withholding down near zero, effectively taking advantage of the tax credit up front instead of waiting until next year when I file my taxes.

I may try to make the Manuel's meetup sometime, although I'm about to start a new job in Alpharetta, so I don't know how often I'll be able to make it.

to nogajim, thanks for the good wishes. I will try to add the charging location to both sites.

to bronsonb - yes, it is the one on Prince Ave. and I saw the house and said to my wife - good, it looks like someone is fixing up that house. Thanks

mar22013 said:

I then trickle charged for 6 hours at friend's house, and stopped for 30 minutes at the Pleasant Hill Walgreens for another 15 mile power up before continuing home to Athens. 136 miles round trip. I cruised at 55 mph out of an abundance of caution/frugality even though the speed limit was usually 65. I pulled into the garage with 11 miles left on the battery !

I now love Walgreens... Wish they had charging stations closer to home (Athens).

Is there a fee to use the charger at Walgreens?

(Level 2 at 40 amps?)

That was me Saturday morning at Athens Airport.

Thanks, :)

Paul

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Beautiful Silver Leaf parked at Athens Ben Epps Airport Sat morning! Yea!

Dear Greengate,

The Walgreens I stopped at were free Level 2 chargers.

I did preview a Blink charger at a Kroger in Gwinnett Co but it cost $1 or $2 an hour depending on if you are a member of their network. I noted the location and drove to Walgreens instead !

hope that helps,

Paul

mar22013 said:
Dear Greengate,

I did preview a Blink charger at a Kroger in Gwinnett Co but it cost $1 or $2 an hour depending on if you are a member of their network. I noted the location and drove to Walgreens instead !

hope that helps,

Paul

That's great...and free as they should be. Nice to see them "giving something back." That is a good business model and it is good for business.

Here they charge $2 an hour. I never see anyone hooked up to one and, for me, I transferred my prescriptions to Jewel and I don't go into their stores anymore.

greengate said:
mar22013 said:
Dear Greengate,

hope that helps,

Paul

That's great...and free as they should be. Nice to see them "giving something back." That is a good business model and it is good for business.

Here they charge $2 an hour. I never see anyone hooked up to one and, for me, I transferred my prescriptions to Jewel and I don't go into their stores anymore.

I can understand the need to charge something for the upkeep of the equipment. History shows that if you give something away, people abuse it and take advantage of it (and I admit the LOVING free charging at Whole Foods). Of course, from a business standpoint, they are likely getting something as the person getting the "free" charge is likely purchasing something.

I guess from a business standpoint, they don't yet see the benefit. I guess it's like providing parking for your customers. If they had no place to park or had to pay, would they frequent the business? Time will tell :).

As to what to charge if a place is going to charge, $1 - $2 an hour seems excessive IMHO. I think my unit can pass on 4 Kwh per hour to my car. If I am being charged $2, I'm only drawing about 44 cents worth of electricity. Even at $1 an hour, I'm still paying double. So far, I've never paid to use a charge because I've never been so low that I HAD to charge. I've always had enough juice to get home.

mar22013 said:
That was me Saturday morning at Athens Airport.

Thanks, :)

Paul

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Beautiful Silver Leaf parked at Athens Ben Epps Airport Sat morning! Yea!

Good deal, Paul. Ted here. Were you flying?

Latest posts

Back