Anyone in Georgia?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We were supposed to get 2 QCs from Nissan, but I haven't heard a peep about it since the announcement, which was almost a year ago, I think

Where is this Chris?

Chris30269 said:
We were supposed to get 2 QCs from Nissan, but I haven't heard a peep about it since the announcement, which was almost a year ago, I think

You can find it in a lot of places, just google and you shall find.

From Nissan: http://nissannews.com/en-US/nissan/usa/releases/9b39a718-b05f-441e-b99e-296b8228a579" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Okay. Your "We" was a general Atlanta "We", not a specific (dealership or shopping Mall) kind of "We". Thanks for posting that article.

Chris30269 said:
You can find it in a lot of places, just google and you shall find.

From Nissan: http://nissannews.com/en-US/nissan/usa/releases/9b39a718-b05f-441e-b99e-296b8228a579" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Hello All! Just signed up and wanted to jump in with the Georgia folks. I will be getting my 2012 Leaf SL on saturday, I have been driving a blue loaner this week as my POC before signing the dotted line.

I did have a question for local folks, with the heater and the additional power drain from it, how was the impact last winter? With my loaner this morning I suffered a bit of range anxiety when I got to work this morning. I think the GOM got me as by time I got home I had the same range as I have the past couple of days. I really am interested to know how the cold impacted driving for others.

I saw earlier in this thread people mentioning Carriage Nissan. Thats who I am dealing with as well, Carl is still there and by far the most knowledgeable person at a dealership we have interacted with.

I like Carl. I met with him last year asking about the LEAF on one of my trips from NH. Before even GA could order a LEAF. I had my LEAF shipped to his dealership when we moved last month.

On 80% charge, I have done 55 miles with 11 left on the GOM since we moved here. I think we had a max of 69 back home. The roads are more hilly here than where we traveled in NH. I am having to learn to coast when I can instead of using regen to keep my speed constant on the downhills. We did 65 one day here with 9 on the GOM, on 100% charge.

Got my 240 volt outlet installed yesterday. :D

Okay. One more question: Who do I contact to see if my NH LEAF, now registered in GA, is eligible for the state tax credit?

widgetboy said:
Where is the National Plug-in Day event being held in Atlanta?

Is there a good link with details?

Thanks!

There's no plug-in day in ATL. The closest one is in Chattanooga :(

EDIT: Metro Atlanta:
http://www.facebook.com/events/415771508481838/421937114531944" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I spotted a white Wheego limping in the slow lane up I-75N yesterday. With 34 sold, that's better than winning a lottery!

I felt so big and tough pulling up next to him - those things are small and seem inefficient (100 miles out of the 30kWh battery?)

Is Carwings down for anyone else? I haven't been able to connect to my car since September 14...I tried via nissanusa.com, the official app, and the other apps.

It's down for me too though the GreenCharge app still reports my state of charge accurately, so they're using some type of a back door to get into carwings I guess.

I talked with Carl at Carriage Nissan yesterday about the Georgia ZEV state tax credit, while my LEAF was in for it's 6 month check up. He gave me the form for the GA Environmental Protection Division to fill out. I had a question about what was needed to accompany that form and I called them.

I found out that the form I had was obsolete and was pointed to the current one on the division's web site: http://www.gaepd.org/Files_PDF/forms/apb/apb_LEVZEVTAX.pdf James Udi told me that this form must be printed on a color printer or they won't accept it. In my case they said they would accept the lease agreement in place of the bill of sale. He also needed the GA registration receipt, and photos of the car front and back. I sent it all off yesterday. Hopefully I will receive the signed form granting me the GA state income tax credit. :D

cracovian said:
$645 for the most straightforward installation of the free blink station by SPX. It comes out to $245 out of pocket cost for me. It's a rip off but I think I'll do it anyway - thoughts? Anyone else got their quotes?

So I finally got the charger installed a few days ago. It took so long and the whole process was somewhat unprofessional (no response, missing emails and appointments) that I was considering to just call them to cancel the install altogether.

But in the end, I'm glad I didn't. The initial software made this station act like a POS for a few days but once it got updated, it started working flawlessly. I can monitor it on the iPhone and that's all that matters :)

No reason not to get one. They're all NEMA 6-50R plug-in units with 18 ft. cord, btw.

cracovian said:
cracovian said:
$645 for the most straightforward installation of the free blink station by SPX. It comes out to $245 out of pocket cost for me. It's a rip off but I think I'll do it anyway - thoughts? Anyone else got their quotes?

So I finally got the charger installed a few days ago. It took so long and the whole process was somewhat unprofessional (no response, missing emails and appointments) that I was considering to just call them to cancel the install altogether.

But in the end, I'm glad I didn't. The initial software made this station act like a POS for a few days but once it got updated, it started working flawlessly. I can monitor it on the iPhone and that's all that matters :)

No reason not to get one. They're all NEMA 6-50R plug-in units with 18 ft. cord, btw.

Is this offered only in the Atlanta area or can other parts of the state join in?

Seems like a good price to me. I paid about $350 to have the included EVSE converted so it would run on 240 and 120. Then paid about $200 for a 240 volt outlet in my garage. (Twice, but that's my fault for moving.) :D

cracovian said:
cracovian said:

Howdy y'all!

I live in Roswell, and am seriously thinking of getting a Leaf. I did the ride and drive at Atlantic station, and was very impressed. I very much don't like being part of the petroleum economy, and though I don't have any great fondness for the Southern Company, I think I'd rather give them my money than to support the petroleum autocrats around the world.

I've seen two Leafs in the "wild", a blue one near my office in Norcross, and a black one near my home in Roswell. And of course, there are always a couple at Regal Nissan just waiting to be taken home.

The incentive situation right now is very generous, and when coupled with Nissan's discount, that brings a Leaf down to $22,000 plus tax and tag. What's stopping me is range, and that I think that there are going to be better batteries within the next three years. Still, it seems silly to me to be driving around in an ICE car for the suburban type driving I'm doing.

Any thoughts on whether it would be worth pulling the trigger on a 2012 car, or wait for a 2013 (or 2014 or 2015)?

What is your daily commute like? IOW how far do you drive on any given day? Hills? Speed? I live in Cumming, a bit more hilly than Roswell I think.

We drive on Hopewell road a lot, roughly between 40 mph and 55 mph, it is kind of hilly. We try to avoid 400.

I set the trip meter almost every day to zero and it reads 35 to 40 when we are done for the day. We charge to 80% most of the time.

Last weekend I charged to 100% Saturday morning but didn't charge again until Sunday night. I wanted to see how far I could go. When I was done Sunday night, the trip meter had 81.3 miles on it and I had heard the 'low battery' warning for the very first time. It comes when you have less than 9 miles on the range estimate instrument. I had just under 4 miles to go to make it home, no sweat! :)

I use the supplied EVSE to charge the car. I sent it to California http://www.EVSEUpgrade.com to have it upgraded to use 240 volts. It charges the car 2.5 times faster than the OEM 120 volts but can still run on 120 if needed.

FormerFF said:
Howdy y'all!

I live in Roswell, and am seriously thinking of getting a Leaf. I did the ride and drive at Atlantic station, and was very impressed. I very much don't like being part of the petroleum economy, and though I don't have any great fondness for the Southern Company, I think I'd rather give them my money than to support the petroleum autocrats around the world.

I've seen two Leafs in the "wild", a blue one near my office in Norcross, and a black one near my home in Roswell. And of course, there are always a couple at Regal Nissan just waiting to be taken home.

The incentive situation right now is very generous, and when coupled with Nissan's discount, that brings a Leaf down to $22,000 plus tax and tag. What's stopping me is range, and that I think that there are going to be better batteries within the next three years. Still, it seems silly to me to be driving around in an ICE car for the suburban type driving I'm doing.

Any thoughts on whether it would be worth pulling the trigger on a 2012 car, or wait for a 2013 (or 2014 or 2015)?

If the milage works for you, I'd recommend leasing. Like you say, in the next few years the second generation Leaf will probably be a step up (thermal battery management, >3.3 kW charger, larger/better battery), so to get you there, a 3-year lease may be a good option. By the time your lease is up, the new generation Leaf will be a good purchase. Or maybe there will be more competition in the EV market and you'll discover you like a different make and model better.

I would have gotten a lease, but I've already driven 18,000 miles since December.

Back