Anyone in Georgia?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ztanos said:
Just a caution. I found a Houston, LEAF for sale here in Georgia with only 11 bars.

http://www.atlantabestusedcars.com/detail-2011-nissan-leaf-sl-used-9848003.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Also charged to 100%.The 3.7 miles per KW seems a bit low too.

I also wonder about that NO SD CARD message.

jimcmorr said:
ztanos said:
Just a caution. I found a Houston, LEAF for sale here in Georgia with only 11 bars.

http://www.atlantabestusedcars.com/detail-2011-nissan-leaf-sl-used-9848003.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I thought that weird, also.

ztanos said:
jimcmorr said:
ztanos said:

I thought that weird, also.
There might be an explanation about the SD card. I went to test drive a CMax Energi at Mall of GA Ford. The nav wasn't working because they keep the SD cards locked up so they aren't stolen. Not very impressive for the test drive, though.

The bars seem really wacky, though. There were only 4 temp bars, so it must be in recent cold weather. If there are only 11 bars in the cold, it may have been worse in the summer. I think I came close to losing a bar before the weather cooled off.

nogajim said:
There might be an explanation about the SD card. I went to test drive a CMax Energi at Mall of GA Ford. The nav wasn't working because they keep the SD cards locked up so they aren't stolen. Not very impressive for the test drive, though.

The bars seem really wacky, though. There were only 4 temp bars, so it must be in recent cold weather. If there are only 11 bars in the cold, it may have been worse in the summer. I think I came close to losing a bar before the weather cooled off.

That seems like weird practice.

They must have taken the picture during one of our 20 degree days. Still not good though.

For those who went through the Blink/SPX free EVSE...how long did the process take? Anyone do it recently? I filled in the online survey, but I'm not sure if I should give a follow up call. I tried calling yesterday and the wait time was going to be long due to "unusually high call volume"...so I didn't wait on hold. Any suggestions?

Got mine in about 10 days. Total out of pocket cost $119. I had an extra panel in the garage and I put the 240V connector for them to plug in the Blink unit. I was able to start the process before I got my Leaf on december 1st. Unit was installed Tuesday December 4th. Well worth it.

braineo said:
Got mine in about 10 days. Total out of pocket cost $119. I had an extra panel in the garage and I put the 240V connector for them to plug in the Blink unit. I was able to start the process before I got my Leaf on december 1st. Unit was installed Tuesday December 4th. Well worth it.

You all in the Atlanta area have it lucky. They never even offer the rest of the state any such deals. I had to buy my SPX.

N952JL said:
braineo said:

You all in the Atlanta area have it lucky. They never even offer the rest of the state any such deals. I had to buy my SPX.

Yeah, I live in Canton and qualified. Not sure how far away from Atlanta still counts as Atlanta in their eyes, but I'm cool with it.

Well, I was just warming up to the public Blink stations, now they are starting to bill you for charging, Someone mentioned that Lenox was no longer free, and when I checked, my account, I had gotten billed for charging at the Lawrenceville Kroger. There are some places I would be willing to pay, but not while I am buying groceries. I knew they were charging in other states, but I figured we would get more of an introductory price. :(

My wife was at Lenox yesterday and the blink was free on guest login. We're still waiting on our blink card but I doubt we'll use it unless it's an emergency. The blink rate is just too high. $0.264 for an hour at home vs. $1.50 on blink. She's also been talking to management at every place she shops about installing EVSEs but I hope they don't end up being Blink. She pushes the car's range pretty hard so she really could use an hour bump at the grocery store or mall.

I'd really like to see EVSEs charge by the kilowatt hour with a little premium to the EVSE owner. That would make it fair for all EV owners regardless of their charge rate.

bill said:
My wife was at Lenox yesterday and the blink was free on guest login. We're still waiting on our blink card but I doubt we'll use it unless it's an emergency. The blink rate is just too high. $0.264 for an hour at home vs. $1.50 on blink. She's also been talking to management at every place she shops about installing EVSEs but I hope they don't end up being Blink. She pushes the car's range pretty hard so she really could use an hour bump at the grocery store or mall.

I'd really like to see EVSEs charge by the kilowatt hour with a little premium to the EVSE owner. That would make it fair for all EV owners regardless of their charge rate.

My home charge rate is $.095/kWh. Where is GA is 0.264? I believe stores should have them there and be free if you shop there, or have dinner.

N952JL said:
bill said:

My home charge rate is $.095/kWh. Where is GA is 0.264? I believe stores should have them there and be free if you shop there, or have dinner.

I said 0.264 for an hour to make it comparable to charging for an hour on Blink. 3.3kWx 0.08 = 0.264
I was using the more expensive summer rate but I forgot they increased the rates this year. So here are the corrected plan and seasonal rates compared to Blink at an hour of charging.

Georgia Power
Standard Service over 1000kWh
winter $0.044190x3.3kW=$0.145827
summer $0.090126x3.3kW=$0.2974158

Night and Weekends Plan
on-peak $0.203217x3.3kW=$0.6706161
off-peak $0.045947x3.3kW=$0.1516251

EV Plan
off-peak $0.061132x3.3kW=$0.2017356
super-off-peak $0.013063x3.3kW=$0.0431079

It's not really a fair comparison since commercial power is cheaper than residential. I also realize there are costs involved with installation and maintenance which are most likely very high on commercial property that they need to offset but if they are using Fed and State funds something isn't right.

bill said:
N952JL said:
bill said:

I said 0.264 for an hour to make it comparable to charging for an hour on Blink. 3.3kWx 0.08 = 0.264
I was using the more expensive summer rate but I forgot they increased the rates this year. So here are the corrected plan and seasonal rates compared to Blink at an hour of charging.

Georgia Power
Standard Service over 1000kWh
winter $0.044190x3.3kW=$0.145827
summer $0.090126x3.3kW=$0.2974158

Night and Weekends Plan
off-peak $0.045947x3.3kW=$0.1516251

EV Plan
off-peak $0.061132x3.3kW=$0.2017356
super-off-peak $0.013063x3.3kW=$0.0431079

It's not really a fair comparison since commercial power is cheaper than residential. I also realize there are costs involved with installation and maintenance which are most likely very high on commercial property that they need to offset but if they are using Fed and State funds something isn't right.

I thought you were using .24 per kWh not per hour. I also didn't know GA power was at .04 per kWh during the winter. What is it under 1000kWh (I assume per month)

N952JL said:
I thought you were using .24 per kWh not per hour. I also didn't know GA power was at .04 per kWh during the winter. What is it under 1000kWh (I assume per month)

I was surprised too. .04 is dirt cheap. Here are the Rate Plans and you're right, less than 1000kWh is a little more. .053
Standard http://www.georgiapower.com/pricing/files/rates-and-schedules/2.10_r-19.pdf
Night & Weekends http://www.georgiapower.com/pricing/files/rates-and-schedules/2.20_tou-reo-7.pdf
EV http://www.georgiapower.com/pricing/files/rates-and-schedules/2.30_tou-pev-3.pdf

Now the interesting one is the EV plan. Insanely cheap .013 at super off peak. I've been thinking, It would be great to get one of those damaged Leafs from a wreak for Sandy and use the batteries to charge during super off peak and run the house during the day.

N952JL said:
braineo said:

I heard at the EV meeting that some Blink chargers were going to Macon. I don't know if they we just public or also private. You might double check about availability in your area.

nogajim said:
N952JL said:
braineo said:

I heard at the EV meeting that some Blink chargers were going to Macon. I don't know if they we just public or also private. You might double check about availability in your area.

The dealer here was able to get 8 Leafs all o f which are sold. None of us have been contacted about any EVSE for any of us. We do have one public charger next to Macon city hall. Would like one at the Macon mall, the science center and a few other shopping areas.

bill said:
N952JL said:

I was surprised too. .04 is dirt cheap. Here are the Rate Plans and you're right, less than 1000kWh is a little more. .053
Standard http://www.georgiapower.com/pricing/files/rates-and-schedules/2.10_r-19.pdf
Night & Weekends http://www.georgiapower.com/pricing/files/rates-and-schedules/2.20_tou-reo-7.pdf
EV http://www.georgiapower.com/pricing/files/rates-and-schedules/2.30_tou-pev-3.pdf

Now the interesting one is the EV plan. Insanely cheap .013 at super off peak. I've been thinking, It would be great to get one of those damaged Leafs from a wreak for Sandy and use the batteries to charge during super off peak and run the house during the day.

Since the peak rates only apply on summer weekdays 2 to 7PM, and the overnight rate is super cheap, it appears what Georgia Power is telling us is to to buy an EV, and to get a solar panel. Charge overnight cheaply, and use your solar panel to avoid the peak pricing.

Earlier in this thread someone mentioned Blink started charging at Lenox but we had not seen it until today. Lenox isn't a long haul for us but it's long enough that we need a little juice so we plugged in as usual. When we returned to the car at 1 hour 5 minutes we were charged for 2 hours. There doesn't appear to be a way to tell it to stop at 1 hour and the Nissan App doesn't let you stop charging.

bill said:
Earlier in this thread someone mentioned Blink started charging at Lenox but we had not seen it until today. Lenox isn't a long haul for us but it's long enough that we need a little juice so we plugged in as usual. When we returned to the car at 1 hour 5 minutes we were charged for 2 hours. There doesn't appear to be a way to tell it to stop at 1 hour and the Nissan App doesn't let you stop charging.
Blink charges by the hour for the time connected. So as long as you are plugged in, you are paying and 5 minutes is as good as an hour to them.

Last night I was out doing a couple of errands in town. About 5 minutes to 5 I pulled into the parking lot at the Cumming post office and much to my surprise there was a blue LEAF parked there. It was the first one I have seen here (other than my own red LEAF) since arriving in Georgia in August last year.

I parked next to it but I was in a hurry to get my letter mailed so I didn't stop on my way in. I did have a brief conversation with the driver as I arrived back at my LEAF. She was going in to mail her letter and clearly in a hurry too so I didn't chat long.

Was that your car?

:geek:

Back