No Charge stations showing up

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes, I've noticed that as well. What is infuriating though is that I have to select Update manually for every small area I am interested in by using either the destination function or select a location on the map function. Why can't I just select a larger geographical area (say Greater Los Angeles) and get them ALL for that area in one download?! It makes planning a trip much more problematic and is a very poor way to handle the updates. Nissan really does need to improve this.

prberg said:
Another update. I tried to update my charging stations tonight and it actually worked this time! Looks like Nissan has entered the 'dealer' charging stations into carwings. I had about 8 charging stations show up when I tried to update 'near current location'.

prberg said:
Another update. I tried to update my charging stations tonight and it actually worked this time! Looks like Nissan has entered the 'dealer' charging stations into carwings. I had about 8 charging stations show up when I tried to update 'near current location'. That is a good start. You are able to hit the plug icon and it will give you a little more info. Unfortunately the details don't seem to be too accurate. I pulled up the details for a dealership near my house and it said 'regular' charger (maybe that just means L2) but it said they only have 1 outlet (but I know they have 2 public ones available).

At least I have some base info in case I really need to charge up.

-Peter

It does look like they have started rolling out data. I see a few around the bay area and a couple in L.A., one in Phoenix, etc. I expect they will start rolling out more soon.

Regular does mean Level 2 in the Nav codes. They also have "Fast" which would be L3.

mogur said:
Yes, I've noticed that as well. What is infuriating though is that I have to select Update manually for every small area I am interested in by using either the destination function or select a location on the map function. Why can't I just select a larger geographical area (say Greater Los Angeles) and get them ALL for that area in one download?! It makes planning a trip much more problematic and is a very poor way to handle the updates. Nissan really does need to improve this.

That is why for trip planning, I don't think the in car nav is really ever going to be as usable as a third party app or website. The interface is just not conducive at all to exploring options. But as a quick, is there one near me, it works fine.

Glad it is there but I am still going to work on supplemental data and app interfaces.

Speaking of which, any idea when you are going to have an Android version? It really would have been helpful to me last night!

EVNation said:
Glad it is there but I am still going to work on supplemental data and app interfaces.

mogur said:
Speaking of which, any idea when you are going to have an Android version? It really would have been helpful to me last night!

EVNation said:

In progress. Should have something to announce pretty soon on that. We are going to be looking for beta testers soon though. So PM me if you are interested.

Well I for one am very glad that many are having success in updating charging station locations. the manual update for different areas is a hassle i guess, but more of a hassle is pressing update stations and waiting two minutes to be told that there are no new stations to update.

now, that means there is no charging stations or Leaf dealers south of Auburn. because i manually selected Tacoma and Centralia and got no updates on either one. that makes me think it is not working for me.

DaveinOlyWA said:
Well I for one am very glad that many are having success in updating charging station locations. the manual update for different areas is a hassle i guess, but more of a hassle is pressing update stations and waiting two minutes to be told that there are no new stations to update.

now, that means there is no charging stations or Leaf dealers south of Auburn. because i manually selected Tacoma and Centralia and got no updates on either one. that makes me think it is not working for me.

None here in the North Puget Sound as of today.

I got around to trying an update today and it worked okay by selecting "Update stations near my location". I now have 9 charging stations listed instead of the 4 previous ones. All the new ones are Nissan dealers, and even Pacific Nissan showed up...Maybe we can get an asterisk put next to their name on the NAV screens :)

Randy

It could be worse. Instead of stations not showing up, there could simply be no charging stations.

In my area, my house and a single Nissan dealer are the ONLY charging stations, for about 125 miles. The next closest is 352 miles.

And the dealer isn't even on the map when I try to update.

I think a black dagger would be more appropriate...

Randy said:
I got around to trying an update today and it worked okay by selecting "Update stations near my location". I now have 9 charging stations listed instead of the 4 previous ones. All the new ones are Nissan dealers, and even Pacific Nissan showed up...Maybe we can get an asterisk put next to their name on the NAV screens :)

Randy

For folks with few/no charging stations or dealers available nearby, the "included" L1 EVSE, modified to add 240v capability (and some short-cord socket-adapters) could let your LEAF e-fuel at almost any house ... or barn, RV park, etc.

garygid said:
For folks with few/no charging stations or dealers available nearby, the "included" L1 EVSE, modified to add 240v capability (and some short-cord socket-adapters) could let your LEAF e-fuel at almost any house ... or barn, RV park, etc.

That's what I intend to do. I just discovered the state parks have 250v 50amp sockets for RVs, so I am mapping out the possibilities......

Future EVs will need to charge faster (i.e. 30 amp) and be chargable at RV parks. It could revive the RV park business around here...

"u can make em show up. simply plug in and select "update stations" it will be added. that is how i did mine."

Is this actually working for most folks? I have zero stations loaded and "update stations" never loads anything,
even while on charge at a station.

It seems to be slowly rolling out. Before yesterday, Update always returned nothing. Yesterday it suddenly returned 9 stations near me...

c1987 said:
"u can make em show up. simply plug in and select "update stations" it will be added. that is how i did mine."

Is this actually working for most folks? I have zero stations loaded and "update stations" never loads anything,

mogur said:
It seems to be slowly rolling out. Before yesterday, Update always returned nothing. Yesterday it suddenly returned 9 stations near me...

c1987 said:

There are not 9 J1772 locations near you. I think you are seeing legacy sites.

It was mostly dealers around where I work...

KeiJidosha said:
mogur said:

c1987 said:

There are not 9 J1772 locations near you. I think you are seeing legacy sites.

Yes. My car updated with 10 stations this morning. Started a new thread topic on this so anyone can post updates as they happen.

c1987 said:

Doesn't work for me. I just got back from trying it. While plugged in and charging I hit update stations. It said there were no charging stations around me.

Back